Last Dolls of 2015
(cross-posted on The Dal House & Dollchemy)

I spent much of 2015 on the dolly downswing.  In the dolldrums.  Doll-depressed.  Whatever it was called, it wasn't fun.  It was a mostly bad year, and I'm glad it's over.  (Although, truth be told, 2016 doesn't seem to be much better yet--I've already slammed my finger in doors twice, chipped part of a tooth/lost a filling, and sprained my ankle--fun times!)

:-o

I'm getting sidetracked here...

These two were the last dolls who squeaked by as 2015 drew to a close.  (With the funk I was in, it's a miracle I brought home any dolls at all, let alone two).  I found them both on ebay from two different sellers at good prices.  Maybe not Tuesday-Morning-Discount-$39.99-prices, but as good as it gets being in Hawaii and all.  

Shin (Taeyang Valko) was pre-owned, removed from box for display purposes.  He arrived nicely packed in his box, slightly dusty and his left forearm was unattached.  I got him cleaned up and put his arm back where it belonged, and he's as good as new.  I think the scratches on his nose are adorable.

[Image: 24255177952_6b43000ee2.jpg]

Chi (Pullip Banshee) was NRFB.  I honestly think she was one of the Tuesday Morning discount dollies, and the seller may have been trying to make $$$ off of  her.  There was a "Buy it Now" option or make offer.  I submitted a fairly low offer, and they countered, I gave a counter offer, and the seller accepted.  I honestly thought it would have been declined.  Needless to say, I'm happy to have her in my collection.  (I think Shin is happy also).
[Image: 24255216382_f99cd18920.jpg]

I don't like to have dolls without partners, so naturally, I've linked Shin & Chi together.  I don't think they are disappointed at all.  

[Image: 24280891241_94d1a8e300.jpg]

Who was your last doll(s) of 2015?
(Feel free to share your photos in this thread!)
Currently playing:  Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch
Friend Code 2036-6707-2961 (KiraKira)
Currently reading: If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha
Last movie I saw:  Parasite
They make a great pair! smile I really love the last picture! I'm sorry to hear about all the things that had happened last year and at the start of this year, it sounds like it's been rough. sad But, there's still plenty of time for this year to turn around, at least. yay

As for my last dolls of 2015, they were all Christmas presents. smile I got Nana-Chan (Miyuki), Meg (Delilah), Lunatic Queen (Victoria), Byul Clorinda (Priscilla aka Prissy), and Mami Tomoe. yay I love them all so much! x3
[Image: PAA_zpsf228551a.png]
~Parfait (Dal Heart Macaron), Alice (Pullip Alice du Jardin), and Amethyst (Custom MIO Pullip), my most special dolls <3~

*Sprites made by me*

I was thinking about the same thing, 2015 was a tough year and it seems like 2016 will be similar. I hope it proves me wrong.
In the other hand I never saw valko's face this close. He is very charming. No wonder you wanted him smile banshee and valko makes a beautiful couple.

Last two dolls of 2015 were prince Ramiro and Red Bloody Hood for me smile i am new in this hobby but apparently I like my dolls male to female ratio to be 1 as well smile
Well, you guys are not alone. In nautical terms, I spent 2015 down by the stern with the pumps barely keeping things afloat. I hope you guys have a better year! (Although I'm with Offgenemi so far in that 2016 doesn't look so great either.)
Kirakira, no more accidents I hope! Banshee is gorgeous; she is on my wish-list. They make an interesting couple with their unusual outfits!
A lot of dolls seemed to be in a hurry to get in the door here before the end of the year. Minis, Marilyn in the fall, Rovam, Janice & Pisces in December quickly followed by Mini Sugar Plum. And does it count if I ordered Andrassy on New Year's Eve? LOL
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(01-14-2016, 12:49 PM)PullipPrincess Wrote: They make a great pair! smile I really love the last picture! I'm sorry to hear about all the things that had happened last year and at the start of this year, it sounds like it's been rough. sad But, there's still plenty of time for this year to turn around, at least. yay

As for my last dolls of 2015, they were all Christmas presents. smile I got Nana-Chan (Miyuki), Meg (Delilah), Lunatic Queen (Victoria), Byul Clorinda (Priscilla aka Prissy), and Mami Tomoe. yay I love them all so much! x3

It's nice to get dolls as Christmas presents! I don't think I ever did except for when I was a kid. Oh...well, my mom buys me these random dolls that I don't collect. I think for her, it's "A doll is a doll is a doll..." :LOL: It is the thought that counts. Nana-Chan is so pretty, and I think Lunatic Queen is stunning. Congrats on the Christmas dollies!

(01-14-2016, 01:28 PM)Offgenemi Wrote: I was thinking about the same thing, 2015 was a tough year and it seems like 2016 will be similar. I hope it proves me wrong.

In the other hand I never saw valko's face this close. He is very charming. No wonder you wanted him smile banshee and valko makes a beautiful couple.

Last two dolls of 2015 were prince Ramiro and Red Bloody Hood for me smile i am new in this hobby but apparently I like my dolls male to female ratio to be 1 as well smile

I wanted Valko ever since he was released, but I couldn't find one that fit in my budget until now. I am very happy with the newest dolls I got. You must be thrilled with Ramiro and Bloody Red Hood--they are spectacular.

(01-14-2016, 03:29 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Well, you guys are not alone. In nautical terms, I spent 2015 down by the stern with the pumps barely keeping things afloat. I hope you guys have a better year! (Although I'm with Offgenemi so far in that 2016 doesn't look so great either.)
Kirakira, no more accidents I hope! Banshee is gorgeous; she is on my wish-list. They make an interesting couple with their unusual outfits!
A lot of dolls seemed to be in a hurry to get in the door here before the end of the year. Minis, Marilyn in the fall, Rovam, Janice & Pisces in December quickly followed by Mini Sugar Plum. And does it count if I ordered Andrassy on New Year's Eve? LOL

It seems like 2016 is off to a not-great start for us--let's hope it gets better!

You got a lot of minis added to your awesome crew of tinies. I think Andrassy counts as the first doll of 2016!
Currently playing:  Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch
Friend Code 2036-6707-2961 (KiraKira)
Currently reading: If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha
Last movie I saw:  Parasite
Well you scored high on the last two dolls of the year......I love them both. I hope they will give you hours and hours of pleasure.
I know they would make me smile if I had them!

And let's hope 2016 is not a repeat of 2015 for you *fingers crossed*
Both of them look amazing together. I agree that Valko's scars are a nice touch.
I hope this year treats you better! smile

My last dolls of 2015 were Neo Noir and Bremen Cat. Very happy to finish the year with Pullip & Friends. smile
{Home} Principessa - Noir - R.Noir - Neo Noir - Barasuishou x 2 - My Melody - Prunella - Milch - Fanatica - Seila - BRH - Nina - Pinocchio - Kanta - Tiger Lily - Mami Tomoe - Madoka Kaname - Alte - Hatsune Miku - Nahh-ato
Youtsuzu - Tina - ChinaChina - Carol - Pere Noel - Marie Antoinette - Bremen Cat - MIO
Volks: DD Miko & Yukino - MDD DWC01 - Sara - Saki - F-45 - F-48 // Fairyland: F60 Chloe - Rin - Scarlett ~ MNF Soo - Rheia - Celine - Elf Rin - Mio ~ PKF Rin  // Bambicrony:  Marion - Charity // Luts: Vampire Chiwoo // Doll Factory: Conie Unicorn // Latidoll: Lea // Alchemic Labo: Unoa Lusis // Doll In Mind: Larina - Bellosse // Peak's Woods: Sassy Rosy //  Crobidoll: Marisol //  Lillycat: Ninon //
Supiadoll: Ariel // Soom: Ior - Picro - Leepy // Atelier Momoni: Momonita // Shoushou: Nico // Petit Soiree: Madeleine // KanaDoll: Ribbon  // {Waiting} ~Volks Lieselotte ~
My last ins for 2015 was a JPGroove order that took a couple of weeks to arrive.
[Image: 24445625316_845d6079df_z.jpg]
A Sample Sale Regen Principessa, Batman, MJ #2 (I already ripped that fur off of him), and a Sample Sale Sentimental Noon
(01-19-2016, 01:44 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: My last ins for 2015 was a JPGroove order that took a couple of weeks to arrive.
[Image: 24445625316_845d6079df_z.jpg]
A Sample Sale Regen Principessa, Batman, MJ #2 (I already ripped that fur off of him), and a Sample Sale Sentimental Noon

MJ actually... looks GOOD! I'm not used to seeing him without his head-tribble. He's actually a really pretty doll... I never noticed.

You take good photos!
FSWTBLJ
Seeking Dal Ange (Christmas Dal) eyechips
Thanks! I think it helps that the bangs of this wig hide his eyebrows.