davidd's A Doll A Day 2018
all the MH & Bratz-i-ness <3 So that's what my Frankie was supposed to look like in a photo upside down I wish I had the Spectra to keep her company.

Yasmina is gorgeous. I have been searching for an affordable one, I have Jade, Meygana, Sashabella & I don't like the other one whose name escapes me. Ah, Cloetta. The one with her face split down the middle colourwise? Anyhow, all of your pics & your dolls/figures are awesome as always.
Arashi N&B - Rayne N&B - Alfred
(03-28-2018, 10:39 AM)Berrybyul Wrote: Also, remember when you weren't sure if you were gonna have enough dolls for mint in box march ? LOLTongue

Uhm... yeah. This is getting embarrassing.

(03-28-2018, 11:24 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Yeah, I'm also amazed, a whole month of NIB dolls! I just couldn't ever leave them in their boxes.

Some of these are duplicates or back-ups for my favorites, like Maudlynne and Holiday Jade.

(03-28-2018, 02:10 PM)Miss Edith Wrote: all the MH & Bratz-i-ness <3 So that's what my Frankie was supposed to look like in a photo upside down I wish I had the Spectra to keep her company.

Yasmina is gorgeous. I have been searching for an affordable one, I have Jade, Meygana, Sashabella & I don't like the other one whose name escapes me. Ah, Cloetta. The one with her face split down the middle colourwise?

Your photo of Ghouls Alive Frankie inspired me to try a photo. I was surprised her battery still worked. The Spectra battery doesn't work. Perhaps I should open up the box and see how difficult it would be to replace the battery. I'm curious to see what she does. From what I read online, it sounds like her arms and legs light up.

Bratzillaz Cloetta with the bi-colored face was one of the difficult ones to find in the US. I don't have her.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
I have just been having a quick peek blush on ebay, Spectra's limbs light up & she makes an "eerie" noise smile Do you have Clawdeen? She howls at the moon.

I have seen a few versions of Cloetta, I truly dislike the Two Face's GF one LOL but none of them fill me with joy. I'm not complaining, sooo many I want !
(03-28-2018, 02:42 PM)Miss Edith Wrote: Do you have Clawdeen? She howls at the moon.

No, unfortunately I do not have Clawdeen. I wasn't impressed when I first saw her in stores. Then I read a critical article online claiming the Ghouls Alive Clawdeen was "orgasmic" as she arched her back and howled.
LOL

But I still didn't want to spend the money. The Ghouls Alive figures were somewhat expensive at the time... before they hit the clearance aisle.
I've got the giggles at an orgasmic toy werewolf. I don't own a single Clawdeen but that makes me want to own this one LOL
(03-28-2018, 04:46 PM)Miss Edith Wrote: I've got the giggles at an orgasmic toy werewolf. I don't own a single Clawdeen but that makes me want to own this one LOL

If you want one I have one, she's not NIB and I'm not sure if her stock is complete ( found in a thrift store lol) and she def needs new batteries.

The name escapes me but I also have the orange cat ghouls alive, her eyes light up and she lets out a sultry meow that's a little disturbing to me xD.
(03-29-2018, 02:44 AM)Berrybyul Wrote: ... her eyes light up and she lets out a sultry meow that's a little disturbing to me.

LOL The Ghouls Alive were a lively bunch, all right! (More descriptive adjectives than "lively" come to mind, but I'll stick with that for now.) I never saw the Toralei Stripe (orange cat girl) version. I didn't even know she existed until I looked online while typing the caption for Frankie.

Now for a complete, and much less exciting, change of pace:

Mint-in-Box March continues:

I'M NOT A DOLL! I'M AN ACTION FIGURE: PART II

[Image: march28.jpg] [Image: march28a.jpg]
28 March: HASBRO G.I. Joe Foreign Soldiers Collection – WWII Japanese ZERO Pilot

This is a Second World War Japanese Army Air Force pilot figure from the HASBRO G.I. Joe Foreign Soldiers Collection re-issue series released in 2000, not an original 1960s figure. It is
a recent eBay acquisition (where they are currently as cheap as dirt). For some reason I thought I needed this figure to be a pal for the other "Joe" figure I bought recently.

The uniform and accessories are nicely detailed. I'll probably end up deboxing this guy pretty soon... although I said that about the other G.I. Joe guy three weeks ago and it hasn't happened yet.
The Ghouls Alive dolls were always a little off-putting to me. I feel like I’m gonna have to look for some videos of Toralei and Clawdeen now though!
I saw Bratzillaz Cloetta with the bi-colored face a few times at Toys-r-Us. She didn't appeal to me.
I really like this gi joe. He loooks very detailed! Never thought I would look into gi joe
your GI Joe guy looks very good quality with all the extras

BB, thanks but getting her here & replacing batteries would cost more than my curiousity is worth smile Thankyou though. And the cat ... I think I'm very glad I stuck with Frankie. She is close to the original doll to look at and her glowiness does not have disturbing sounds with it LOL
The meow is....the meow is definitely something else..
What I do like about them though is thier hard plastic faces. I like that material much better for customs ^~^.
I bet you could do a lot of great setups with the Zero pilot and all his accessories. Do you have a plane?? smile

(03-28-2018, 03:55 PM)davidd Wrote: No, unfortunately I do not have Clawdeen. I wasn't impressed when I first saw her in stores. Then I read a critical article online claiming the Ghouls Alive Clawdeen was "orgasmic" as she arched her back and howled.
(03-28-2018, 04:46 PM)Miss Edith Wrote: I've got the giggles at an orgasmic toy werewolf. I don't own a single Clawdeen but that makes me want to own this one
Haha. I dunno, I think the article author might have been reading a little too much into this doll...
In this demonstration she strikes me more as having come home after a long day and found a huge mess in the house. LOL
Here ya go:

[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(03-29-2018, 10:42 AM)Alliecat Wrote: In this demonstration she strikes me more as having come home after a long day and found a huge mess in the house. LOL
Here ya go:

LOL Alliecat, I'm dying over here. LOL But yeah, she is in no way "orgasmic."

I never knew Ghouls Alive Toralei even existed. *cue YouTube video* "Me-YOW." The sass! XD You are totally right, Berrybyul. LOL LOL That meow.
Apparently I have been 1000% unaware all this time that Ghouls Alive ever came out with a Wave 2. Wow.

(03-29-2018, 02:56 AM)davidd Wrote: The uniform and accessories are nicely detailed. I'll probably end up deboxing this guy pretty soon... although I said that about the other G.I. Joe guy three weeks ago and it hasn't happened yet.

You aren't the only one who intends to debox things and then... doesn't. Tongue He does look neat. smile
<3
[Image: 49035651448_1fbe84a2fc_o_d.jpg]

These Ghouls Alive Clawdine videos are fun! (And maybe a little bit disappointing that she isn't more... y'know.)

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find that particular critical article. Back when the Monster High line was introduced, the internet and mainstream publications were full of criticisms and complaints about the line (the phrase "scandalously short skirts" has always stuck in my mind), but they became hugely popular anyway... for a while. Many of those articles have either disappeared or have sunk so deep into the depths of internet obscurity as to be unsearchable.