davidd's A Doll A Day 2018
[Image: july18.jpg]
18 July – Pinky Street Shakugan no Shana – Flame Hair Version

There is also a much less common black-hair variant that was only available in Japan as part of a special mail-in promotion.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
I love seeing your Pinkys. It's very tempting to go looking for some... grin
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
This one is super cute!
[Image: july19.jpg]
19 July – Disney Vampirina figure at Walmart

Mattel more or less abandons the Monster High line and Disney moves in to take over the monster doll niche.

I am so sick of Disney taking over everything that I could just spit. And soon they will control yet a larger segment of the media industry when they close the deal to take over the assets of the FOX studios, film library, cable channels, and sports channels. And yes, Europe, this affects you, too, because they are buying Sky.

I shall have to stop pulling for Chris Froome and Team Sky to repeat their victory in the Tour de France.

(Apparently today is "Day 200" of A Doll A Day. I didn't realize that until seeing Neon's photo a few minutes ago. Obviously I did nothing special to mark the occasion. Rather, I was lucky to come up with anything at all.)
I feel you on the Mouse issue. I'm in Europe and I hate their behavior! And congrats on sticking with the challenge for 200 days!
Yay for reaching 200 days! You've done really well sticking to it, even though it's been tough at times.

The pinky St figures are really cute, I love the shots you do with them
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
[Image: july20.jpg]
20 July – Pinky Street PC2024 "Sky Crawlers" Yuuichi Kannami

The two "Sky Crawlers" figures, Yuuichi Kannami and Suito Kusanagi, released in 2008, were among the last Pinky Street releases to generate a high degree of fan enthusiasm before the popularity of the figures began to wane. The figures are based on an animated film, The Sky Crawlers, which was in turn based on a series of Japanese novels. The film itself is extremely bleak, in contrast to the cheery "chibi" appearance of the Pinky incarnations of the characters.
Happy 200th day! Neat lighting on this one ^ .
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(07-03-2018, 05:31 AM)davidd Wrote:
(07-02-2018, 08:18 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Don't. You. DARE!!!!!!!!!

LOL Well... DeadlyNova started the Doll A Day idea here on Dolly Market, and she has dropped out. Miss Edith, BerryByul, and GreysPrincess were all attempting Doll A Week, until they weren't attempting it anymore. So I'd be in good company were I to retire quietly.

But, of course, Neon, you stepped in from another forum to keep things rolling on a daily basis. And Lejays17, Cornflower Blue, and Alliecat/PTFCo are sticking with the weekly updates.

Oh well, I suppose that after making it halfway, the rest should be easy, right?
slash

[Image: july2.jpg]
2 July – Bratz Bratzillaz Sashabella Paws

I actually didn't mean to drop out, I do really want to share my collection with all of you, I've just been wrapped up in trying to do my own customs/ just deal with life. I'm going to try and revive my thread and do a major update soon smile. Also, I'm not to sure on how to actually get pictures to embed...I just use the embed link from flickr, but that means everything has to go on Flickr. Is there an easier way? The embed tool doesn't seem to work for me.... Anyway, don't feel forced to continue if you really don't want to, but when I do pop my head in the forum, your doll a day is one thread I never miss! ❤️
Awesome colors and lighting!

Are the walls made of polystyrene? Did you sculpt / carve it? Looks great!
(07-21-2018, 02:31 PM)Berrybyul Wrote:
(07-03-2018, 05:31 AM)davidd Wrote:
(07-02-2018, 08:18 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Don't. You. DARE!!!!!!!!!

LOL Well... DeadlyNova started the Doll A Day idea here on Dolly Market, and she has dropped out. Miss Edith, BerryByul, and GreysPrincess were all attempting Doll A Week, until they weren't attempting it anymore. So I'd be in good company were I to retire quietly.

But, of course, Neon, you stepped in from another forum to keep things rolling on a daily basis. And Lejays17, Cornflower Blue, and Alliecat/PTFCo are sticking with the weekly updates.

Oh well, I suppose that after making it halfway, the rest should be easy, right?
slash

[Image: july2.jpg]
2 July – Bratz Bratzillaz Sashabella Paws

I actually didn't mean to drop out, I do really want to share my collection with all of you, I've just been wrapped up in trying to do my own customs/ just deal with life. I'm going to try and revive my thread and do a major update soon smile. Also, I'm not to sure on how to actually get pictures to embed...I just use the embed link from flickr, but that means everything has to go on Flickr. Is there an easier way? The embed tool doesn't seem to work for me.... Anyway, don't feel forced to continue if you really don't want to, but when I do pop my head in the forum, your doll a day is one thread I never miss! ❤️

You can put photos in a free Livejournal album and post them from there.
(07-21-2018, 02:31 PM)Berrybyul Wrote: ... but when I do pop my head in the forum, your doll a day is one thread I never miss!

Awww... thank you! That is very sweet!

I hope to be seeing your Doll A Day/Week/Month/Whenever photos again soon!

[Image: july21.jpg]
21 July – Boxed and Bubble Wrapped

I was going to open the box, but after seeing how safely and snugly this Pullip was packed by PullipStyle, I couldn't bring myself to do it. This is as far as I got, and then I closed the box and taped it back up.
Set her FREE!!!! Set her FREEEEEE!!!! LOL LOL

The Pinky St figures really are cute, I do like seeing what you do with them.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
I second that - set her free! Is that Laura? She's next on my wishlist!
[Image: july22.jpg]
22 July – Korvettekapitän Sonja grows impatient while waiting
for the overhaul of her U-Boat to be completed