Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(12-18-2019, 01:39 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I think they'll get along well. If my memory serves me correctly, Vel also has a thing for giant cups of tea, so they share a hobby...

Most memberts of the Room end up gaining a bit of a thing for tea... I really should hang a shade on that lamp, actually. 

(12-18-2019, 02:37 AM)davidd Wrote: What? She didn't ask him if he wants to go chase a ball or fetch sticks?

Well, it was raining outside...

(12-18-2019, 06:30 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Cute start to hopefully a new friendship.

I think - hope - they'll get along.

(12-18-2019, 10:05 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Aw, he looks kind of shy in that picture. Glad he found a friend.

I don't think he had expected any company at that moment.

(12-18-2019, 01:29 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Well, they look the right size to hang out together.  Perhaps the ball-&-stick-fetching will come on the next play date LOL

Maybe when the weather is a bit nicer LOL

(12-18-2019, 04:00 PM)Elfy Wrote: The Jim Hines Princess books finished with 4, then he started the Libriomancer series. Basil certainly has the knack for making friends.

Oh, thanks for letting me know! 

I think that's Basil's special talent. 

- - - 

355: Theatre Time
[Image: 63769113_bbdb01bad8f42c04d4266459a87ed9be_standard.jpg]
Today I went to a matinee production of the new UK tour of We Will Rock You. Of course, I brought little Gazza plush along with me. He was made for me by a friend because she knows I love the show.
Aww, that's such a cute present! Hope you enjoyed the show!
Aw! How adorable!
Sounds like a fun way to spend the afternoon.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Gazza is cute and fits the occasion.
Hope the show was great, and you & Gazza both enjoyed it.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(12-19-2019, 06:06 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Aww, that's such a cute present! Hope you enjoyed the show!

It was a great show! Not as much energy as you'd ex.pect considering three separate school groups were present, but still a lot of fun. 

(12-19-2019, 08:16 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Aw! How adorable!

Thank you! 

(12-19-2019, 11:05 AM)davidd Wrote: Sounds like a fun way to spend the afternoon.

It was a lot of fun. There's a US tour currently as well, and I believe more locations coming worldwide next year.

(12-19-2019, 03:30 PM)Elfy Wrote: Gazza is cute and fits the occasion.

And he's portable! So easy to stick in a pocket and bring along. 

(12-19-2019, 10:17 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Hope the show was great, and you & Gazza both enjoyed it.

It was a lot of fun. Very loud, but in the best way. 

- - - 

356: Together
[Image: 63802672_08fe9d2985445004790437d9d287eae2_standard.jpg]
"Whatever happens..."
"We'll see it through, together."

Taken before I saw The Rise of Skywalker, which I have seen. It's... certainly a lot of movie. I have thoughts. I will not spoil for anyone who does not want it. But yeah.
They do look quite concerned...
I read all the plot "spoilers" and synopses that I could find online.

So... yeah.
I need to catch up on a few movies. No theatre here means waiting for DVDs through the library. I probably need to backtrack with one or 2 and then watch the newer ones.
No spoilers for me please, but, did it end... well...?
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(12-20-2019, 03:01 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: They do look quite concerned...

I can only say... yeah

(12-20-2019, 09:22 AM)davidd Wrote: I read all the plot "spoilers" and synopses that I could find online.

So... yeah.

Yeah, that's an accurate statement.

(12-20-2019, 10:07 AM)Alliecat Wrote: I need to catch up on a few movies.  No theatre here means waiting for DVDs through the library.  I probably need to backtrack with one or 2 and then watch the newer ones.
No spoilers for me please, but, did it end... well...?

... That would depend entirely on what you wanted from an ending. I wasn't surprised by the ending, I could see it coming. I wasn't necessarily happy with it, but I can admit it was a visually nice shot. 

- - - 

357: Can I Play With It?
[Image: 63839969_ea22c5863369baf8b79c3414de29bdbc_standard.jpg]
Basil found our little musical Christmas tree - inherited from my grandparents - and wanted to play with it.
Awww, that's adorable! The tree is perfect size for him!

We have some vintage Christmas tree decorations, but we don't use them, because they're really fragile, so they're safely packed, and we look at them every Christmas, but never take them out. Luckily, these old designs seem to be "in" for this season, so I got two new ones.
Another train for Basil!

Basil: The Dog Who Loved Trains sounds like a title for an entertaining children's movie.
That’s really cute - which tune does it play?

We went to see Star Wars last night - we both (mostly) enjoyed it. There was some stuff that I thought was unnecessary but that can be said about pretty much any of them.
We did wonder what changes there would have been if Carrie Fisher hadn’t passed away prior to the filming.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(12-21-2019, 01:45 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Awww, that's adorable! The tree is perfect size for him!

We have some vintage Christmas tree decorations, but we don't use them, because they're really fragile, so they're safely packed, and we look at them every Christmas, but never take them out. Luckily, these old designs seem to be "in" for this season, so I got two new ones.

It's the perfect size if he's sitting down - he'd be taller than it standing. 

I don't really get the whole process of buying new decorations each year. It's nice that you have these older ones. 

(12-21-2019, 03:21 AM)davidd Wrote: Another train for Basil!

Basil: The Dog Who Loved Trains sounds like a title for an entertaining children's movie.

... That is very true. I am going to plot a story for that.

(12-21-2019, 06:00 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: That’s really cute - which tune does it play?

We went to see Star Wars last night - we both (mostly) enjoyed it.  There was some stuff that I thought was unnecessary but that can be said about pretty much any of them.
We did wonder what changes there would have been if Carrie Fisher hadn’t passed away prior to the filming.

... You know I genuinely can't remember? I will wind it up and check. 

Yeah, there's a lot of nostalgia bait and bits that feel like they're trying to 'fix' stuff that... when it got down to it, didn't need fixed. There's some bits that I was sitting going "well, that clearly would have been Leia," but I'm not sure what else - I did like what they managed to do with her though.

- - - 

358: Dressed To Impress
[Image: 63880429_1dc60f9b36a4e73484523e845cff91b0_standard.jpg]
Olivia decided she wanted to put on something that was a little more seasonal.