Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
@Elfy how is Tinkerbell a princess .-.? I never heard of that before?
(07-17-2019, 01:02 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: This is wonderful hobby, we can have headless bodies, severed heads and limbs, even eyes, and we're still not breaking the law...

Are these going to be Cats customs?

Yeah but it still sounds odd to people when you say you're waiting on your new eyes coming in LOL.

Hopefully, there will be one or two, yeah.

(07-17-2019, 02:49 AM)davidd Wrote:
(07-17-2019, 12:57 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Gaston doesn't know a good thing when he sees it...
Right. I believe he dismissed "the blonde one" as being "naive," or something to that effect.

CATWALK KITTY HEADS!!!!11!  (Insert copious to the point of unseemly über-squeeing!)

I believe I have seen these listed on eBay. I must assume they are either overstock from when the Lanard Catwalk Kitties ceased production, or they are "unofficial" but produced from the same molds. The quality appears to be pretty good (perhaps you can show us some closer photos of the individual heads). It will be interesting to see how they look on various bodies.

I mean she is a bit...

I found these under 'Lanard kitties' so I have no idea what they are in terms of that. I will say that they pretty pretty good quality and made from a strong vinyl though the hair on a couple needs the downy dunk treatment I think. Or boiled. Just.... something.

(07-17-2019, 04:34 PM)Elfy Wrote: Official Princesses get coronated. Merida, despite Brave not being a Disney film was coronated. Elionwy wasn’t. They never coronated either Elsa or Anna, but instead spun them off into their own Frozen line. Weirdly enough Tinkerbell was an original Princess.

(07-17-2019, 05:21 PM)Jubilee Wrote: @Elfy how is Tinkerbell a princess .-.? I never heard of that  before?

Box office helps to decide who makes the line up. Pixar is owned by Disney and Merida had always been intended for the line. Ellonwy's film was a bit of a disaster for the company and Elsa and Anna got their own Frozen line because of how stupidly popular it was. I do remember Tink being part of the line before they spun her off into the Disney Fairies thing - Alice was a Disney Princess at one point too. 

(07-17-2019, 04:51 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Severed Kitty heads!  What a fun thing to get in the mail...  LOL LOL

Dolly hobby leads to such interesting mail...

197. A Shelf Shot
[Image: 57334567_9a4aa387c38651573d40f4ef4e21b495_standard.jpg]
You have excellent taste in both books and shelf -buddies.

(Interesting dolly-mail today involved 2 headless bodies. I’m going to practice my scalping & beheading when the weather is better & I can sit outside)
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
@werepuppy That seems a bit weird tbh .-. But makes sense if they sell enough then more merch.I actually liked Brave tbh I don't know why it's considered bad.Better than Frozen in my opinion.Ah the disney fairy movies were fun except it was weird when they gave Tinkerbell a sister still enjoyable movie.
Oooh, they look so cool! Guardians of The Library!
"None shall pass! Books are for losers! Go watch our movies instead!"

Severed kitty heads, scalping and beheading, bodies in the mail: this is turning in to such a grisly discussion!

(I am anxiously awaiting some eyes in the post, myself! It's all rather Bladerunner-ish, isn't it?)
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(07-17-2019, 01:02 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: This is wonderful hobby, we can have headless bodies, severed heads and limbs, even eyes, and we're still not breaking the law...
LOL Reminds me of the post, I think on the Mirodoll group, where someone was looking for a "nude male" of a certain height, & there was some other description as well, which I forget, but out of context it was quite hilarious.

Will be interesting to see what you do for customs. Have fun!
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(07-18-2019, 12:22 AM)Jubilee Wrote: @werepuppy That seems a bit weird tbh .-. But makes sense if they sell enough then more merch.I actually liked Brave tbh I don't know why it's considered bad.Better than Frozen in my opinion.Ah the disney fairy movies were fun except it was weird when they gave Tinkerbell a sister still enjoyable movie.

I quite liked Brave, but I like most Disney/Pixar things. Technically Mulan isn’t a princess, but she’s part of the line. Poor Eilonwy, shame her film sucked. Kiva’s an actual princess, too and she never gets a mention, either. Unfortunately Atlantis, The Lost World also wasn’t a smash hit.
(07-17-2019, 11:54 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: You have excellent taste in both books and shelf -buddies.

(Interesting dolly-mail today involved 2 headless bodies.  I’m going to practice my scalping & beheading when the weather is better & I can sit outside)

Only one shelf of my bookcases lol. I need to actually pack my books away - painting my room soon and I do not want any of them damaged. This is gonna take some time...

(Sounds like a good plan!)

(07-18-2019, 12:22 AM)Jubilee Wrote: @werepuppy That seems a bit weird tbh .-. But makes sense if they sell enough then more merch.I actually liked Brave tbh I don't know why it's considered bad.Better than Frozen in my opinion.Ah the disney fairy movies were fun except it was weird when they gave Tinkerbell a sister still enjoyable movie.

Honestly, from what I understand, the Disney Princess franchise itself was really just cashing in on something that people were already using as a term anyway? Frozen is considered better because it's a return to the format that Disney ex.ploded with in the 90s. Brave is a unqiue take, it's not bad but it's not as great as the usual Pixar fare, and Wreck-It Ralph came out the same year... Merida's still my fave girl, though.

Okay, the giving her a sister thing never made sense to me. As per the book by JM Barrie, and thus the logic Disney still follows, a fairie is born with the first laugh of each new baby. How can a singular first laugh make two fairies? /CONFUSED.

(07-18-2019, 01:43 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Oooh, they look so cool! Guardians of The Library!

Now that is a book series I'd love to read, LOL. Honestly, the shelf was just chosen as height weight it let them all stand easily and back enough I don't need to worry about them toppling off. 

(07-18-2019, 02:16 AM)davidd Wrote: "None shall pass! Books are for losers! Go watch our movies instead!"

Severed kitty heads, scalping and beheading, bodies in the mail: this is turning in to such a grisly discussion!

(I am anxiously awaiting some eyes in the post, myself! It's all rather Bladerunner-ish, isn't it?)

Hm, what if I were to read the comics their movies were based on? Would that be a happy middle. 

The doll and figure hobby: we talk about body parts so often and yet we're really not that creepy.

(And now I want to watch that. It's been a while.)

(07-18-2019, 08:17 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Will be interesting to see what you do for customs.  Have fun!

I need to get bodies in for them. I'm thinking Monster High ones for the posability. 

(07-18-2019, 12:43 PM)Elfy Wrote: I quite liked Brave, but I like most Disney/Pixar things. Technically Mulan isn’t a princess, but she’s part of the line. Poor Eilonwy, shame her film sucked. Kiva’s an actual princess, too and she never gets a mention, either. Unfortunately Atlantis, The Lost World also wasn’t a smash hit.

Mulan gets in because - adjusted for inflation - her movie was enough of a hit. Also representation and diversity. There's a couple of others who should be in it, but aren't, I'll see if I can find anything. 

- - - 

199. Scottish Arse Kicker
[Image: 57377926_a837fe2862435d9cdf78f50f409b49ff_standard.jpg]
Decided to see how Merida would look in the steam punk wrestling gear. It's a good look.
@werepuppy what is the 90s format for disney? Also I guess strike the iron while its hot .Princess = we will give you our money.-...I didn't know who Jm Barrie was so I had to look it up.I guess giving  Tink a sister was to add shock value so more people would watch?After hearing let it go so many times I just was tired of it and the movie in its self my mom literally fell asleep during it.___.. I am dissapointed its getting another movie.
Looks rad!
"steampunk wrestling gear" - pun intended?
Rasslin' Merida totes r0xx0rz!!1! Seriously, that look is fantastic on her! Like, to the point of putting her among my top faves of your collection from an aesthetic standpoint.

(Not above your incarnations of Wednesday, o' course, but definitely up there!)

Now I want to see her interacting with all your Room Crüe... and especially with the Star Wars gang. (Just a heads up, Kylo; she's coming for you!)

This was inspired costuming. I'm happy the costume fits so well! (Or at least well enough for photos!)
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Fun leggings. Where did you find them?

(07-19-2019, 01:17 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: "steampunk wrestling gear" - pun intended?
LOL
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Got to love some Merida! Weird thing about Wreck-It Ralph and Brave. Brave is a Pixar film that looks and feels like Disney, and Wreck-It Ralph is a Disney film that looks and feels like Pixar. I prefer Amy Mebberson’s take on the DP’s in her Pocket Princesses online strip. She added Vannelope to her roster.
(07-19-2019, 01:15 AM)Jubilee Wrote: @werepuppy what is the 90s format for disney? Also I guess strike the iron while its hot .Princess = we will give you our money.-...I didn't know who Jm Barrie was so I had to look it up.I guess giving  Tink a sister was to add shock value so more people would watch?After hearing let it go so many times I just was tired of it and the movie in its self my mom literally fell asleep during it.___.. I am dissapointed its getting another movie.

The 90s popularised the musical for Disney - Frozen hits all the same notes of it. Wait, the Disney Fairies franchise isnt over? I thought the Pirate Fairy was the last one...

(07-19-2019, 01:17 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Looks rad!
"steampunk wrestling gear" - pun intended?

Thanks! And lol, no, gear is just what term is used for a wrestling uniform Tongue

(07-19-2019, 02:58 AM)davidd Wrote: Rasslin' Merida totes r0xx0rz!!1! Seriously, that look is fantastic on her! Like, to the point of putting her among my top faves of your collection from an aesthetic standpoint.

(Not above your incarnations of Wednesday, o' course, but definitely up there!)

Now I want to see her interacting with all your Room Crüe... and especially with the Star Wars gang. (Just a heads up, Kylo; she's coming for you!)

This was inspired costuming. I'm happy the costume fits so well! (Or at least well enough for photos!)

Kylo versus Merida... poor bloke won't know what's hit him. 

The surprising thing is the made to move body is wider in the torso than the WWE Superstars body is. So, yeah.

(07-19-2019, 01:55 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Fun leggings.  Where did you find them?

They were the stock outfit for the WWE Superstars Becky Lynch doll. 

(07-19-2019, 05:01 PM)Elfy Wrote: Got to love some Merida! Weird thing about Wreck-It Ralph and Brave. Brave is a Pixar film that looks and feels like Disney, and Wreck-It Ralph is a Disney film that looks and feels like Pixar. I prefer Amy Mebberson’s take on the DP’s in her Pocket Princesses online strip. She added Vannelope to her roster.

This... is really true. Also Pockt Princesses is brilliant.

- - -

DAY 200
[Image: 57436485_f9459171063848349664b5e127575db6_standard.jpg]
"Interesting." 
"I believe there is a crack in the multi-verse. Perhaps something will bleed." 
"Oh, how nice and gloomy." 
Yes, finally, they meet!