Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(07-24-2019, 10:27 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Such a variety is heights - I didn’t realise that Olivia (? Have I got the right one), was so big.

Lala is teeny in comparison.

You got the right one, Olivia is my tallest girl. She's on the older obitsu 60 body - the one without the double jointing at the elbows. 

It's always interesting to me how MH dolls just seem so teeny in comparison to a lot of dolls, even ones that are technically shorter than them due to the artistic thinness of them.

(07-24-2019, 11:58 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Maudsie is taller than I thought! And she looks... cheerful? That's alarming. What is she up to?

You know, I have no idea and now I'm actually quite concerned...

(07-25-2019, 02:12 AM)davidd Wrote: Scale comparison pics are always interesting, and often useful.

I am delighted to see that Maudlynne has someone very near to her scale... because she is such a relatively odd scale. Of course, relatively odd suits her, but still, more scale friends means scaling up the mischief!

(Lisbon Lions... I hadda look that up – awesome! You win for best arcane reference of the week, right there! Well, arcane to those of us who are not exactly the sporting type. "The Greatest Story Ever Told in Scottish Sport," according to numerous sources! I learned something new today!)

((The theatre posters should be framed; hurry yourself off to the crafts shop this afternoon!))

I do like taking these types of pics if only because it's a good visual to myself for what might work for later photo stories. Some height disparities are less likely to work in my small narratives than others, sadly. 

Maudlynne and China are very happy to have a new friend their size, and I'm sure much mischief will be had. Which I will need to clean up after. Oy.

(For those not in the know: "The Lisbon Lions" is the nickname given to the Celtic team that won the European Cup at the Estádio Nacional near Lisbon, Portugal on 25 May 1967, defeating Inter Milan 2–1. They were the first British team to win the European cup, and those players are generally the exception to the Celtic vs Rangers debates. A few members of the team recently passed away and their funerals were big.)

((My local craft shop does not do frames. Grrr.))

(07-25-2019, 03:44 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Interesting size comparison.  And those bears look so soft and huggable.

The bears are wonderfully soft. They're from a line known as Charlie Bears and I genuinely don't think you'll find bears with more personality in their ex.pressions than these guys. 

(07-25-2019, 04:14 AM)Jubilee Wrote: @werepuppy sorry this is a late reply I meant frozen was getting another movie.I think the disney fairy movies are done? Also what kind of doll is the small girl in the red dress?

Oh. Oh yeah, I saw the trailer for that... I'm not really sure what I think on it, honestly. Apart from there's more interesting Disney films that could have a sequel far easier than Frozen - Great Mouse Detective would work brilliantly, considering it's based - in part - on Sherlock Holmes and he has a ton of stories. Zootopia is another, though I think that one might be getting a sequel.

The small girl is Maudlynne Macabre. She was a 16" vinyl doll from Tonner, intended to be a like stepping stone type doll into collecting. There was meant to be a line, with other characters and fashion packs but for whatever reason, they only made Maudlynne herself. She's got this really compelling face and her eyes are really beautiful. She was actually my very first Tonner, thanks to a lucky eBay win. 

(07-25-2019, 03:48 PM)Elfy Wrote: One of yours is a tall girl.

That would be my dear Olivia. 

- - -

206. Absitively Posolutely
[Image: 57720029_dc0ba6bc38dfe5b0b8d61c7ea454bf90_standard.jpg]
Bullyland figures of Dodger and Oliver from Oliver and Company. They're just little PVC figures. Bullyland is a Germany company, and their Disney line is probably their widest and has a ton of characters ranging from classic to modern. I've just got a few I've collected over the years, so I thought I'd share them.
I actually don't know Oliver and company... Dodger is the dog? He kinda looks like he's about to sneeze...
I have not seen the film either. I have the impression it is an animated animal version of Oliver Twist?
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
That’s pretty much right - Elfy & I watched Every Single Disney Animated Movie a few summers back, this was b fore their resurgence with Little Mermaid.
The songs were by Billy Joel, which I hadn’t known.

(Elfy blogged about the project while we were doing it, and we scored 4 Free Tix to Big Hero 6 and a FunkoPop of Baymax from Disney Australia out of the blue because of it).

They’re cute figurines, it’s always nice to see stuff from not-Princess movies.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(07-26-2019, 08:06 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Elfy & I watched Every Single Disney Animated Movie a few summers back.

Even Song of the South, The Reluctant Dragon, and Saludos Amigos?

(Okaaay.... actually, a quick online search reveals that Song of the South is available in pretty much every country in the world except for the United States!
That's frustrating! Audiences here are so too uptight and completely unable to look at a historical film in the context of its time.)

Do you have a link to your blog post?
(07-26-2019, 11:19 AM)davidd Wrote:
(07-26-2019, 08:06 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Elfy & I watched Every Single Disney Animated Movie a few summers back.

Even Song of the South, The Reluctant Dragon, and Saludos Amigos?

(Okaaay.... actually, a quick online search reveals that Song of the South is available in pretty much every country in the world except for the United States!
That's frustrating! Audiences here are so too uptight and completely unable to look at a historical film in the context of its time.)

Do you have a link to your blog post?

No, we didn’t watch those as they weren’t easily available here at the time.  I just went back to look up his posts, and we started with Pinocchio as Snow White was still “locked in the vault” and we didn’t have a copy.  We do now, and have watched it but he didn’t blog that one.

His blog is Elfy’s blog and you need to look at the posts starting in Jan 2014 - that’s when the project began.

If you’re interested, we also watched the Pixar movies the next summer, and James Bond as well another summer.  They’re also blogged about.
(The rest of his blog is pretty much book reviews)
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(07-26-2019, 03:12 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I actually don't know Oliver and company... Dodger is the dog? He kinda looks like he's about to sneeze...

Dodger is the dog, yeah. I think it's meant to be a cool guy type pose. 

(07-26-2019, 03:34 AM)davidd Wrote: I have not seen the film either. I have the impression it is an animated animal version of Oliver Twist?

It is, yeah. And set in New York in the 1980s. It's a fun film. 

(07-26-2019, 08:06 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: That’s pretty much right - Elfy & I watched Every Single Disney Animated Movie a few summers back, this was b fore their resurgence with Little Mermaid.
The songs were by Billy Joel, which I hadn’t known.

(Elfy blogged about the project while we were doing it, and we scored 4 Free Tix to Big Hero 6 and a FunkoPop of Baymax from Disney Australia out of the blue because of it).

They’re cute figurines, it’s always nice to see stuff from not-Princess movies.

Ha, that sounds like a ton of fun, actually! Yeah, while Disney are getting better about promoting non Princess movies and their neweranges do merch some of these films, it would be nice to see them more on display. 

- - - 

207. Good Citizens
[Image: 57766007_321f70198730f08e6af8dc2e0e8906a5_standard.jpg]
The titular two from Lilo and Stitch
Oooh, they seem to be having such a good time!
Stitch looks pretty scary, actually. Vicious, dangerous, and unpredictable.
Hahaha.... aloha, guys!
I should watch that movie again. It's been ages.
Stitch just looks to me like he's having a really good and lolo (crazy) time LOL
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(07-27-2019, 10:21 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Hahaha.... aloha, guys!  
I should watch that movie again.  It's been ages.
Stitch just looks to me like he's having a really good and lolo (crazy) time LOL

That was one that I hadn’t seen that I did get to see as part of the Great Disney Watch we did a few years back.
(07-27-2019, 12:47 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Oooh, they seem to be having such a good time!

They are! Lilo's playin' some tunes, Stitch is... being himself and looking for destruction to cause...

(07-27-2019, 02:05 AM)davidd Wrote: Stitch looks pretty scary, actually. Vicious, dangerous, and unpredictable.

Those were the reasons I did pick up this Stitch - he was one of my first Bullyland figures. I liked that they showed the more unpredictable side of him, it's one that's often forgotten in favour of cute and fluffy - and I love cute and fluffy, don't get me wrong. But it's nice to see the chaotic side too.

(07-27-2019, 10:21 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Hahaha.... aloha, guys!  
I should watch that movie again.  It's been ages.
Stitch just looks to me like he's having a really good and lolo (crazy) time LOL

I should go re-watch it as well. Then maybe Moana. I like to think Stitch is dancing wildly to Lilo's tunes. 

(07-27-2019, 01:00 PM)Elfy Wrote: That was one that I hadn’t seen that I did get to see as part of the Great Disney Watch we did a few years back.

I'd say it's definitely in my top five Disney films

- - - 

208. Zootopia's Finest
[Image: 57818755_3697e5e62183136b9fbe519a84b1a03f_standard.jpg]
I haven't seen Zootopia, but I like the fox guy!
These Disney figures are all great.

the Zootopia one definitely captures both of the character's personalities very well.
Loving the Disney figures series, here and on Insta. They evoke some great memories.