Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(07-28-2019, 03:06 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I haven't seen Zootopia, but I like the fox guy!

Zootopia - Zootropolis in the UK/EU due to rights issues - is one of the best films Disney have ever made, and I say that without any hyperbole whatsoever. The characters are amazingly rounded, and the story - and the underlying issues of it - is fantastically handled. If you can get the change to see it, do it. I do not think you will regret it. 

(07-28-2019, 08:37 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: These Disney figures are all great.

the Zootopia one definitely captures both of the character's personalities very well.

Bullyland. Probably easiest to find them on eBay, they're sometimes sold listed as cake toppers. All official and they have done from so many Disney properties there's a great choice. They also did Asterix ones, actually. Would need to see about getting a couple of those, because... Asterix

(07-28-2019, 09:07 PM)Elfy Wrote: Loving the Disney figures series, here and on Insta. They evoke some great memories.

It's been a lot of fun photographing these figures. I have never actually taken proper photos of them, and it's just nice to be able to do it. 

- - - 

209. The Young Prince Of The Forest
[Image: 57853038_56d3945d3ae3a1fb8c94d18a88117cd5_standard.jpg]
Fun fact for you all: everytime I've watched Bambi, I've always just ended up staring more at the beautiful backgrounds than actually paying attention to the story or characters.
I agree, Bambi is a visual masterpiece.

Cute figure, very lively pose, and an ex.pressive face.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
I guess no one will be surprised at this point when I say I haven't seen this movie LOL

*insert smart comment here*
I don't really watch bambi a lot it's been awhile since it has been mentioned.
I should probably look for those at the library. I've never seen "Zootopia" and it's been ages since I saw "Bambi". Your little Bambi is cute. These little figures would be cute in a fairy-garden type scene.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(07-29-2019, 04:16 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I guess no one will be surprised at this point when I say I haven't seen this movie.

Beautifully animated film, with some truly charming scenes, but it also has some very sad sequences.
Bambi was, for its time, remarkable in terms of animation. My favourites were always Thumper and Flower.
(07-29-2019, 12:49 AM)davidd Wrote: I agree, Bambi is a visual masterpiece.

Cute figure, very lively pose, and an ex.pressive face.

Seriously, I just get stunned every time by those lush backgrounds.

Considering how small these guys are, they really manage a great amount of detail for them

(07-29-2019, 04:16 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I guess no one will be surprised at this point when I say I haven't seen this movie LOL

*insert smart comment here*

Once again, I encourage you to see it as soon as you can! It's just... it's stunning, really. Nothing much really happens but the animation and the visuals are a genuine pleasure to witness.

(07-29-2019, 09:40 AM)Jubilee Wrote: I don't really watch bambi a lot it's been awhile since it has been mentioned.

I haven't watched it in a while either, last time I saw it, I'd randomly just come across it on the television.

(07-29-2019, 12:34 PM)Alliecat Wrote: I should probably look for those at the library.  I've never seen "Zootopia" and it's been ages since I saw "Bambi".  Your little Bambi is cute.  These little figures would be cute in a fairy-garden type scene.

Zootopia is one of the best movies they've made. I think I've seen some settings like that for Bullyland figures... Maybe. Not sure.

(07-29-2019, 04:42 PM)Elfy Wrote: Bambi was, for its time, remarkable in terms of animation. My favourites were always Thumper and Flower.

I liked those two as well. 

- - - 

210. Send Out The Twilight Bark
[Image: 57899758_509b3f8d5ae774b87b1b5b5835fc589a_standard.jpg]
I'm guessing 101 Dalmatians? I've seen the live action one, but I don't remember it. When it came out, I started meeting tons of Dalmatians in the town, but I haven't seen a single one for years now...
Based on the illustration style of author-illustrator-animator Bill Peet, I believe.
The 101 Dalmatians was quite topical down here as there was a news story about a dalmatian who gave birth to 19 pups! The sequel to the book ‘Twilight Barking’ is quite good, too.
I don't know anything about the book twilight Barking just  saw the animated movie and live actions.I think there is a new cartoon with the 101 dalmatians.
(07-29-2019, 10:49 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I'm guessing 101 Dalmatians? I've seen the live action one, but I don't remember it. When it came out, I started meeting tons of Dalmatians in the town, but I haven't seen a single one for years now...

Exactly right. Actually, now you mention it, that would be the same here. It's a shame, too, I think they're a beautiful breed.

(07-30-2019, 03:03 PM)davidd Wrote: Based on the illustration style of author-illustrator-animator Bill Peet, I believe.

I believe so, yes. First of the Disney animated films to have a more scratchy style of art work. 

(07-30-2019, 03:48 PM)Elfy Wrote: The 101 Dalmatians was quite topical down here as there was a news story about a dalmatian who gave birth to 19 pups! The sequel to the book ‘Twilight Barking’ is quite good, too.

Oh yes! I remember reading the book and then seeing the film and wondering where Cruella's husband was. I wasn't as fond of Twiling Barking, though I did like some of the ideas in it. Also, wow that dog! 

(07-30-2019, 11:40 PM)Jubilee Wrote: What is Twilight Barking exactly ?

In 101 Dalmatians, the Twilight Barking is sort of a message system between dogs that can be used to send messages across the country. It's used in the film to try to track down the missing puppies. 

- - - 

211. Stripey Socks!
[Image: 57952402_34cd41cfd7b43542682542b24891bb9c_standard.jpg]
Hayley got some new socks, and she wanted to show them off.
@werepuppy it's a signal.-... I didn't know that but I meant what Is the book twilight Barking I messed up my sentence when I wrote it. So are the books really different from the movies?
The orange striped socks clash most garishly with Hayley's pink skirt! I LOVE it! She is a true fashion rebel!