Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(03-17-2019, 04:50 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Not every doll in the collection has to have a big backstory, they can be just pretty and that's enough! Great that you could get CE Skelita at a discounted price!

Sometimes the best story for a doll is: I got them in a sale. Or a charity shop. Basically, discount = goodness. 

(03-17-2019, 10:30 AM)Elfy Wrote: I haven’t seen that packaging for Skelita before.

This was the Collector's Edition Skelita, and this is the UK packaging. I honestly don't know if it differed by region or not.

(03-17-2019, 01:43 PM)davidd Wrote: Oooh, the Collectors Edition Skelita! That's quite a prize! I hope you are able to acquire Draculaura eventually.

I really like her quite delicate face up in comparison with some other Skelita's. She's a very fun one to look at. And thank you, I will be keeping my eye out. 

(03-17-2019, 05:46 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: She's lovely, and nice that you could get her as a discount on a whim too smile

Sales and discounts are always the best things. 

- - - 

76. MIB: Disney Store Marvel Shuri Special Edition Action Doll
[Image: 49058258_8f9420df870f08cac5583ba7c9cf454f_standard.jpg]
Last of my mint in box dolls! (Well, apart from the Disney LEs but I cannot get good pictures of them atm...) Shuri is one of those characters who immediately won me over when I saw the Black Panther movie. A smart, witty, girl who could not only hold her own, but was listened to by others around her? Also bonus points for she and T'Challa having the only decent sibling relationship that we see in the entire MCU. So, You might have noticed that I do have a de-boxed Shuri. Long story short, I somehow ended up with two. Kept one in the packaging - because let's face it, it's really cool - and deboxed the other. I will not do this with any other of these dolls, if they make more.

(...Unless one of them is Kamala because she is my best girl always.)

I have reviewed Shuri and Carol from this line on my blog
She sort of looks like she's trying to beat her way out of the box...
Haha, yes she does. I haven't seen the movie.

(03-18-2019, 03:49 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Sometimes the best story for a doll is: I got them in a sale. Or a charity shop. Basically, discount = goodness. 
Absolutely! One of my favourite doll-getting stories is about winning an eBay auction by 1 cent with 30 seconds left, so yeah, sometimes the unex-pected or lucky finds are also fun stories.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Shuri needs to be deboxed. I’m convinced she’ll have a big role in Wakanda’s future.
Since you already have an unboxed example, this might be a good one to squirrel away in the back of the closet while you wait for ten or twenty years to see if the Black Panther movie becomes some kind of "classic."
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(03-18-2019, 05:19 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: She sort of looks like she's trying to beat her way out of the box...

... That would be something that Shuri would do. 

(03-18-2019, 11:19 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Haha, yes she does.  I haven't seen the movie.

(03-18-2019, 03:49 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Sometimes the best story for a doll is: I got them in a sale. Or a charity shop. Basically, discount = goodness. 
Absolutely!  One of my favourite doll-getting stories is about winning an eBay auction by 1 cent with 30 seconds left, so yeah, sometimes the unex-pected or lucky finds are also fun stories.

I would really recommend seeing Black Panther. It's probably one of the best superhero movies ever made, and I'm not giving into hyperbole there. And wow, that's a brilliant story - I don't blame you for being pleased with that one.

(03-18-2019, 04:15 PM)Elfy Wrote: Shuri needs to be deboxed. I’m convinced she’ll have a big role in Wakanda’s future.

I do have a deboxed Shuri. She's too cool to not debox, but this one will stay in hers for just now. 

(03-18-2019, 04:29 PM)davidd Wrote: Since you already have an unboxed example, this might be a good one to squirrel away in the back of the closet while you wait for ten or twenty years to see if the Black Panther movie becomes some kind of "classic."

First superhero movie to be nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars... it might already have hit that mark?

- - - 

77. Minnie in Leather
[Image: 48977174_1aacd2d2a30988889d3b0e4395baa1a4_standard.jpg]
Turns out she really suits it, tbh.
She rocks that look! Also, afro twin tails Heart
she i a beautiful fashionista and i adore her hair.
Gorgeous doll!
It's cool that you have two Shuris. Her in box pose is so fun. As someone else said, it's like she's about to escape her box.

Your Fashionista doll is also so cute. I love her hair style.
---
Own: Pullip Akemi, Pullip Les Secrets by Laduree (Seccotine), Dal Madoka Kaname, Docolla Dal Kyubey, Pullip Homura Akemi, Le Petit Prince The Fox (Vicky), 

Wishlist: Queen Serenity, Princess Serenity, Princess Kakyuu, Sailor Moon in general, Utena, Anthy, Kumiho, Secret Garden of the White Witch, Mami Tomoe, Le Petit Prince The Rose, Isul Le Petit Prince,
---
Mouseketeer ears!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
I was thinking the same as David, she has mouse ears as hair.
Shuri is so cool, I wish they had some of these dolls out here, I'd buy her in a heartbeat.

And great outfit on the fashionista! It looks like a proper rock chick. And her hair is fantastic.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(03-19-2019, 06:04 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: She rocks that look! Also, afro twin tails Heart

Came out of the box with no frizz! (I always worry about that happening because of the tags Mattel insists on shoving into doll heads.)

(03-19-2019, 06:46 AM)Offgenemi Wrote: she i a beautiful fashionista and i adore her hair.

Honestly, the Fashionista line is giving some of the better looking dolls currently. Plus a lot more diversity, which is always a good.

(03-19-2019, 09:43 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Gorgeous doll!

Minnie makes me smile with how pretty she is.

(03-19-2019, 11:03 AM)kadytheredpanda Wrote: It's cool that you have two Shuris. Her in box pose is so fun. As someone else said, it's like she's about to escape her box.

Your Fashionista doll is also so cute. I love her hair style.

I honestly didn't notice until they had pointed that out, but it does fit with the character.

The hair is amazing.

(03-19-2019, 12:49 PM)davidd Wrote: Mouseketeer ears!

(03-19-2019, 03:50 PM)Elfy Wrote: I was thinking the same as David, she has mouse ears as hair.

And now you know why I called her Minnie Tongue

(03-19-2019, 05:04 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Shuri is so cool, I wish they had some of these dolls out here, I'd buy her in a heartbeat.

And great outfit on the fashionista!  It looks like a proper rock chick.  And her hair is fantastic.

She was a Disney Store exclusive, so I don't know if she's still available or not. 

9 times out of 10, what will get me to buy a Fashionista is their hair.  (1 time is outfit, 1 time is face.)

- - - 

78. Sometimes...
[Image: 48977180_79d75ee5062f06f4c7a393125834bfb4_standard.jpg]
... they even like each other
I know I've already seen these figures, but I have no idea about their characters... Again.