Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
Nice display of book guardians there. (And great book taste too)
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(08-12-2019, 06:02 AM)davidd Wrote: The Guardians of the Bookshelf!

Now that is a film I'd wanna watch

(08-12-2019, 11:01 AM)Alliecat Wrote: is there a password to get past them to the books?  LOL

I believe the password is "these are my books, you can't stop me" LOL

(08-12-2019, 03:19 PM)Elfy Wrote: We have similar tastes in books. Some of those are on our bookshelves as well.

I've got a couple more shelf shots to come, I wonder how many others we've got in common. It's always fun to see smile

(08-12-2019, 04:26 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Congrats on new shelves! Who's that figure behind Wondsie's shoulder?

Thank you! These ones are proving a lot better than ones I've gotten before - we're thinking of going back to the store to see if there's another set since they're proving that much better in my room. 

Oh, the figure behind Diana is a Funko Mystery Mini Sailor Saturn. I find that the Mystery Mini lines tend to have a lot more detail to them than the POP Vinyl lines, so I like them a bit more. Sailor Saturn is my favourite of the girls from Sailor Moon and I was delighted to find her. 

(08-12-2019, 05:46 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Nice display of book guardians there.  (And great book taste too)

Thank you ^^ 

- - - 

224. Group Shot: Cats Customs
[Image: 58535544_7d5a5c4cfd09373c861eeadab93c43ff_standard.jpg]
As of 12th August 2019
From left to right we have: Grizabella (the Glamour Cat), Etcetera, (Magical Miss) Mistoffelees, & the Rum Tum Tugger.
Made from Lanard Kitties heads and Monster High bodies. Ideally, when I've bought some more fabric in, I will make a tux type thing for Misto. I might need to downy dunk her hair but as it stands at the moment? I'm pretty happy with all four of them. Got maybe one or two more I'd like to make, but I need to find the right bodies for them.
Ooooh, the crew is coming together nicely!
Oh! Wow! I was going to go all über-squee and stuff about how I didn't know you had a collection of Catwalk Kitties dolls, but then your caption reminded me that you recently purchased a bag of cat heads on eBay!

It worked out very well to put the Catwalk Kitties heads on the MH bodies. Didn't want to sacrifice a Toralei to get a true match for the orange head, huh? Good call.

An advantage of making your own custom Catwalk Kitties this way is that they will be more in scale with your existing collections. The originals were somewhat taller than the standard 1:6 scale playline figures. And they had tails.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Wow, you've been busy! Denizens of the Room better look out; they look like they'll arrive with a splash.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Nice hybrids there, which are the other characters you are thinking of creating?
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(08-13-2019, 02:20 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Ooooh, the crew is coming together nicely!

It's looking good so far! I'm quite happy with them.

(08-13-2019, 08:01 AM)davidd Wrote: Oh! Wow! I was going to go all über-squee and stuff about how I didn't know you had a collection of Catwalk Kitties dolls, but then your caption reminded me that you recently purchased a bag of cat heads on eBay!

It worked out very well to put the Catwalk Kitties heads on the MH bodies. Didn't want to sacrifice a Toralei to get a true match for the orange head, huh? Good call.

An advantage of making your own custom Catwalk Kitties this way is that they will be more in scale with your existing collections. The originals were somewhat taller than the standard 1:6 scale playline figures. And they had tails.

I'm hoping to find a Toralei on the cheap - either through eBay or charity shops - to give Tugger a better matching body. 

I would like to try to find one of the actual Catwalk Kitties - the ones appearing on eBay at the moment are just ... they feel a bit overpriced? 

(08-13-2019, 10:21 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Wow, you've been busy!  Denizens of the Room better look out; they look like they'll arrive with a splash.

It's going to be some fun.

(08-13-2019, 05:51 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Nice hybrids there, which are the other characters you are thinking of creating?

I have a head that would make a perfect Munkustrap, so I think I'll need to try to find a Purrsephone body for that one. I would also like to try to make some stage inspired outfits - definitely a little suit for Mistoffelees at least. It's at this time I really wished I had an extra Zomby Gaga - her suit would be perfect.

- - - 

225. Litter Mates
[Image: 58569895_26d67d989362947359b36d02e864ff82_standard.jpg]
Ademetus and Freya are siblings, basically. Also got Ademetus sitting still long enough to take the picture - he's a energetic little one!
Unyuuu! They're just so adorable!
He looks like quite a rascal! That ex.pression!
(08-14-2019, 01:33 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Unyuuu! They're just so adorable!

They really are. The nano Hujoos are just too cute for their own good.

(08-14-2019, 01:58 AM)davidd Wrote: He looks like quite a rascal! That ex.pression!

Rascal is the perfect word for him! 

- - - 

226. Birthday Bears 2019
[Image: 58622198_6a53acbacf8a419b15705e10c9e2b124_standard.jpg]
Blue one is Smartie, grey and black is Mish Mash and the little Steiff is Tiny Bear. 
Tiny Bear demands all the hugs.
They're so cute, and they look sooo flufffffyyyyyy! I love flufffffyyyyyy things!
Oh! Today's your birthday, isn't it! Happy Birthday, Z!

Mish Mash looks like a bear who might actually eat people... unless he gets enough cake. I hope you will have enough birthday cake to satisfy him.

An actual Steiff! That's the stuff!
Oooo, I like the blue one. Such a pretty colour.
Happy (offical?) Birthday smile
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Aw, Mish Mash doesn't look like he'd eat people... he looks a bit bemused to me, or like he's not entirely sure he wants his picture taken with this group, but will put up with it for your sake.

Happy birthday!
Stuffed bears are great ! I like the blue one he might smell like a blueberry snow cone (that would be cool).I haven't known you awhile but happy birthday may your wishes come true!