Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
(03-19-2020, 07:25 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Aw, hey, how nice to see a face to put to the name! smile  You don't look like a corpse.  I've got dreadful baggy eyes from running so short of sleep on the way home.  Cheers for the new arrival! and I'm glad to hear the panic is waning somewhat.  I suppose keeping busy doing something to protect yourself & your family brings some measure of reassurance.  (and it is cute and fun and looks very neatly made!)

Thank you!!!

(03-19-2020, 07:42 AM)davidd Wrote: Oh my goodness! We finally see a picture of the actual neon_jellyfish! That is certainly an unekspected bright spot among all this gloom and doom!

Good to know that international delivery is still functioning in the EU.

Your mask is very stylish. It appears that you... I don't know the sewing terms... created shapes that, when sewn together, match the contours of the nose and face, rather than being just a simple rectangular strip.

I actually like to think that my looks add to the gloom and doom (just a personal preference), but thank you anyways!

I didn't draft the pattern from the scratch, I got a few online and I'm just slightly adjusting them, to add the pocket for additional filters or enlarging the mask, as my dad and my cousin have quite big heads, so regular sizes are a tad small for them. The advantage of rectangular masks is that they fit pretty much everyone, while these shaped ones must be sewn for the person who will be wearing them.

(03-19-2020, 09:56 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: I love your mask! Practical and stylish! Who knows, mask couture might become a thing now, and you'll be at the front of the trend smile

I have a plague doctor mask somewhere from a costume party I went to a few years ago... wonder how freaky it would be to wear that out in public?

Thank you!!!

Oh, plague doctor mask is a brilliant idea! I might look into it... I need to be able to basically boil these, to keep them clean, and plague doctor mask would need some sort of interfacing to keep shape (and I can't work with leather), so I don't know how well would it take the boiling, but my, I can't get this idea out of my head!

(03-19-2020, 09:59 AM)werepuppy Wrote: The newcomer is very cute.

Keep safe, dear!

Thank you!

I will. The virus itself isn't really a problem (despite all my health issues, I deal with viroses pretty well, either I don't catch them, or I have very mild symptoms), it's the stuffy atmosphere in the whole country, our incompetent government and and everything being sold out that gets to me most. But hey, jellyfish are very resilient creatures, so I'm sure I'll be fine. wink

(03-19-2020, 02:48 PM)Elfy Wrote: Fantastic to see a real neon selfie! You don’t look at all corpse like!

Thank you!

Day 79

Sui photoshoot! I want to give her a new name, but I haven't decided on it yet.

[Image: f193ee364de916763ba1175f5f24c5be.jpg]

Sui with her complete gear - she's a kitchen fairy, she comes with a wok pan and a ladle.

[Image: 88ef92f1392f9a3777c91e44ed71685e.jpg]

This is what her outfit looks like without apron, the top is separate from the skirt. Her odango buns are attached with really scary teeny tiny hairpins, if they ever fall down, I won't try to put them back again, putting them on once was nerve-wracking.

[Image: 2d8d10d8996c346063316bca6553a2ba.jpg]

Her hair is very pretty. It's soft and rather thick, for a doll this small. It's a blend of pink with strawberry blonde and a dash of ginger. She's going to count as (pink-ish) ginger in my collection, so my army of redheads has a new member.

[Image: 976811fe14a863e3582a16e7c52dd8a1.jpg]

Lil' Fairies can pose and stand on their own very well.

As of today, only senior citizens (65 and above) are allowed to enter stores between 10am and noon, it is supposed to protect them from encountering the virus, but I'm afraid that it won't help, as they like to treat stores like coffee shops, forming groups and chatting. I'm afraid that this new rule will just create clusters of the most vulnerable demographic. I think that making sure they can get all the necessities delivered to their homes would be better...

As of this writing, Czech Republic has 572 cases of COVID-19, six serious ones, no deaths, three people have fully recovered.

EDIT:

Czech firefighters who are picking up Czech citizens stuck in various countries make the best of the situation. It's a twitter video, so I can only post a link, not the video itself.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1240228010583904259

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - by neon_jellyfish - 03-19-2020, 10:27 PM