Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
(10-03-2020, 09:06 PM)werepuppy Wrote: I love the framing of the book - with the 'evil' and the 'good' and that classic style illustration on the front. It's a very striking image.

ETA: Sorry for typo! Honestly, I wouldn't have noticed if davidd didn't point it out - my keyboard is just randomly not showing letters up when I press them.

Thank you very much!

I did understand even with the typo there. You see, I'm a pure genius, I make typos like this all the time (that... is a proof of genius... right?), so I was able to guess what you meant thanks to my vast typox'perience.

(10-04-2020, 12:45 AM)davidd Wrote: That certainly looks like a classic style fairytale book – "classic" in this case unfortunately being defined as "the style of books I remember from when I was a kid."

Took me a while to decipher werepuppy's comment. "Goo? What goo?" I kept looking for some kind of dripping, oozing slime. Then I figured it out: typo!

As for the other stuff... well, I'll send you a PM! No worries, I have never interpreted Oddwickshire as being anything but a happy place, and it's certainly not filled with " trigger-happy suicidal saddos" or anything like that.

There, does, however, seem to be an abundance of cake.

LOL I don't remember any specific style of fairytale books from when I was a kid. It was a dark era, the 90s. I always preferred older books.

smile

Now that you mention it... Well, good thing diabetes and cavities aren't a problem for Oddlings, right?

(10-04-2020, 10:46 AM)Elfy Wrote: I love the way Holly and Raven frame the cover. I can imagine them sitting down together to read it.

Thank you!

(10-04-2020, 02:19 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: The Malachite Box is a much more interesting title than the Stone Flower, so I can see why you would search out that particular title.

Love the framing of the two dolls on either side - the contrast in colours are great.

Oh, my book is the Stone Flower one. The problem was that I only knew the book as Malachite Box, so I couldn't find it, because most editions used the new name. I was only able to find the Stone Flower edition (the tales are exactly the same, just the title of the book is different). The Malachite Box title was last used in 1957 (and it was probably used more than once, I keep finding conflicting information. Not that it matters...).

Day 278

Boo.

[Image: 4792954d357a427cb09739e9589dfa85.jpg]

Unfiltered boo.

[Image: 2ff6742815b6a0cd9c413729464683d0.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - by neon_jellyfish - 10-04-2020, 08:53 PM