Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
(12-14-2020, 03:59 AM)davidd Wrote: Oh my goodness! Melody playing a violin! This is adorable! (Where's the heart-eyes emoji when I really need one!)

I'd love to respond to your "novel" with another "novel," but I think I already over-noveled here.

Thank you!!!

Novel away! Or hit me with a private novel.

(12-14-2020, 12:50 PM)Alliecat Wrote:
(12-14-2020, 01:47 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I can understand why would people think of Europe as one place, it looks so tiny on the map, but the differences are really huge. ...
I think people all over the world probably tend to stereotype other nations.  Sometimes justifiably, sometimes not.  Like, I've had penpals who think it snows All The Time in Canada.  But there are great differences in climate, geography, communities... and it's Very Big, so no, I don't know your cousin who lives three provinces away and no, you can't drive over to Alberta from Toronto for a day-trip LOL

I think the pandemic is bringing out the worst in many countries.  Because as different as we may be, people are people, and there are bad apples everywhere and you can't fix stupid.
The cases where people are doing good & selfless things, and/or ex-pressing a voice of reason, need more attention.

I hope you end up happy with whatever you decide to do with your collection.  How disappointing about the deterioration! sad  My Barbies are a similar vintage, and they are all intact too.  You would think with advances in technology and so on, that things would be made of better materials, but pretty well everything is throw-away or cheaper mass-produced quality.  What's happening to the EAH's & MH's?
Agree with you on the Pullip quality, in many cases, which is why I never buy the $200+ new releases.  PTFCo is a discount crew! LOL

Yeah, I knew Anne wasn't really articulated much, although I thought maybe hips.  A snowglobedoll is kind of a fun idea though.  But I think she's extremely hard to find.

Today's pic is once again very nice & colourful; she looks quite absorbed there.  Do I remember right, that the violin was something your dad made...?

Ha, the cousin thing is quite funny. People really tend to see other countries like town squares with the famous buildings and restaurants or pubs with local cuisine (and locals dressed in traditional clothing, if applicable).

What is depressing me so much is the sheer volume of unfixable stupid. I thought it was a bit better. Oh well...

We do have new and better technologies and materials, but current market isn't focused on making things the best way, but the cheapest way. Also, if nothing lasts, you have to keep buying new stuff...
MHs and EAHs (although EAHs a bit less) suffer from yellowing or discoloration of plastic, which, in my ex!perience, usually leads to it becoming brittle, and then the doll breaks in and can't be fixed, because there are teeny tiny shards that are impossible to glue together. Glue seepage is another problem, it damages the hair, yellows the vinyl of the head and also washes away the softener in the vinyl, making the head hard and again - brittle. The yellowing is mostly said to be caused by UV, but I've been keeping my dolls away from sunlight and they still continue to yellow / lose color, so temperature is probably also a factor (this flat becomes way too hot in summer, with no way to cool it down), and I think the plastic, although it's ABS simply isn't of too high quality and ages badly.

Thank you! Yes, that's the violin my dad made for my dolls.

(12-14-2020, 03:10 PM)Elfy Wrote: I’ve always seen Melody as a DJ, but I think it’s great that she can play a proper instrument and not just a turntable.

In the official canon, she is a DJ, but in mine, she can also play a few instruments and records her own tracks for mixing.

(12-14-2020, 10:23 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Okay, Melody playing violin is one of the coolest things.

Right? yay Thank you!

Day 349

More coolness!

[Image: feceea85fe7e4a93ad349e0fce88dec8.jpg]

Unfiltered coolness!

[Image: bb3db7443bfded2092f380800c2f0388.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - by neon_jellyfish - 12-14-2020, 11:46 PM