Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
Is that because Carol was Air Force, not army?
(01-03-2020, 09:51 PM)werepuppy Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 03:33 AM)davidd Wrote: I will be watching for Billie on the Team Sky Ineos squad in this year's Tour de France!

I will need to get Billie a decent looking bike. I don't think there any many racing bikes in 1:6 scale...

Actually... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Classic-New-D...3671423876
(I might need one of these, myself, now!)

Does the military rank of the characters when they are in "alter-ego" form carry over in to their super-hero identities?
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(01-03-2020, 11:25 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Captains not being the same rank is funny. But then again, those are just noms de plume, not actual ranks, right?

Are you going to circle through the alphabet the whole year? It's an interesting idea!

Yes, and no? Captain America was given the rank officially by the US army (in story) and Captain Marvel was a Captain in the Kree Army, as well as being a Captain in the US Air-Force. So... Yes, and no. 

I know I'm doing it this month at least. I may circle back around to this idea again if I can think of good things. Some letters are harder than others to fill. 

(01-04-2020, 09:31 AM)Elfy Wrote: Is that because Carol was Air Force, not army?

I believe so, yes. 

(01-04-2020, 09:43 AM)davidd Wrote: Actually... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Classic-New-D...3671423876
(I might need one of these, myself, now!)

Does the military rank of the characters when they are in "alter-ego" form carry over in to their super-hero identities?

Oh, thank you! Might need to wait for some free moneys, but it will be watched! 

See the answer given to Neon; basically it's yes and no.

- - - 

4. D is for Doctor

[Image: 64362442_398d692afc0759012e0229f888b2f365_standard.jpg]

Of course it had to be Thirteen! Checking her sonic screwdriver for readings of whatever menace she's on the trail of now... Or just checking the time, as you do. Also, the newest series has started in the UK and I was ... very happy with that episode. Well, okay I was waiting on a twist but I did not ex.pect the twist we got. Though I really do need to see about making a Missy custom... and a Bill Potts at least.
It's the pretty Doctor, out of the box! I still laugh when I remember that episode of the Life in the Room where Doctor 'screws' Kylo's lightsaber LOL
I must admit to still being a bit "yeah, right" about The Doctor constructing the current Sonic Screwdriver without having the use of a sonic screwdriver, and in what appeared to be a very conventional handyman's workshop using very conventional hand tools.

Cool figure, though, irrespective of any stretches of credibility in the actual programme.
Be good to see a tuxedoed version of Thirteen, the way she was in Spyfall.
It was a very fun episode.  I got all the Doctor Who jokes, and Elfy got all the James Bond jokes.  The twist was both ex.pected and not.  I got all excited as I thought he was going to be Omega (being that he referred to himself as “O”), but it didn’t turn out that way.

She’s a great doll, I have been looking to get one for the costume but they’re still on the expensive side for doing that.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
I am sure out of touch with Doctor Who.  It stopped being on any channel I get ages ago sad  She's a nice figure and seems a pretty good likeness from what I've seen.

(01-05-2020, 05:08 AM)davidd Wrote: I must admit to still being a bit "yeah, right" about The Doctor constructing the current Sonic Screwdriver without having the use of a sonic screwdriver, and in what appeared to be a very conventional handyman's workshop using very conventional hand tools.
Wow... Then I'm sure there must be enough bits & pieces in my workshop to build a sonic screwdriver several times over.  Maybe I shouldn't have thrown out those unidentified bits in today's decluttering attempt .... Oh My
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(01-05-2020, 01:32 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Wow... Then I'm sure there must be enough bits & pieces in my workshop to build a sonic screwdriver several times over.  Maybe I shouldn't have thrown out those unidentified bits in today's decluttering attempt .... Oh My

That'll teach ya!  LOL
(01-04-2020, 11:32 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: It's the pretty Doctor, out of the box! I still laugh when I remember that episode of the Life in the Room where Doctor 'screws' Kylo's lightsaber LOL

You know, I think she would be surprised to be called the Pretty One. Usually that's the Fifth incarnation, or the Eighth. Oh, or the Tenth. And ah yes, that was something I had been wanting to do for so long. I had to do it with action figures because I had that TARDIS but if I had a Tardis for 1:6 it would have been done there. It only works if someone doesn't see it coming, you see. So obviously the Doctor's been able to pull it on Kylo a few times...

(01-05-2020, 05:08 AM)davidd Wrote: I must admit to still being a bit "yeah, right" about The Doctor constructing the current Sonic Screwdriver without having the use of a sonic screwdriver, and in what appeared to be a very conventional handyman's workshop using very conventional hand tools.

Cool figure, though, irrespective of any stretches of credibility in the actual programme.

I am actually going to agree with you there, and give you the reading I took. She didn't make an entirely new sonic screwdriver, she made a new casing for it. While  the previous one was damaged, the internal software and hardware was intact enough that it could be moved to a new casing and work. Granted, as soon as she got back to the Tardis, she started working on upgrades.

TL;DR - I think she just made the new casing that way. I mean really, we all know it was just a way of reintroducing the sonic to a new audience but... yeah.

(01-05-2020, 09:53 AM)Elfy Wrote: Be good to see a tuxedoed version of Thirteen, the way she was in Spyfall.

I know there will likely be a Funko of it. The sleeves of her coat here are so narrow I don't think I would try taking it off. Might be able to make the Character Options one work... Hm, will see. (Also I love that tux in Spyfall. So dashing yet so Doctor. Well, only Three could pull off dashing properly, let's be real.)

(01-05-2020, 10:27 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: It was a very fun episode.  I got all the Doctor Who jokes, and Elfy got all the James Bond jokes.  The twist was both ex.pected and not.  I got all excited as I thought he was going to be Omega (being that he referred to himself as “O”), but it didn’t turn out that way.

She’s a great doll, I have been looking to get one for the costume but they’re still on the expensive side for doing that.

It was Doctor Who Does James Bond and it was utterly ridiculous and I loved it. It was the right way to kick off the new season, to be honest. A fun episode and then wham. I've seen so many theories after the fact on who it could be, but this is honestly the first time anyone has said Omega. But that's another to add to the custom line after I finally get Missy made. Oh, and pick up the doll who will be Bill Potts.

I was lucky and was gifted her from my parents. Who know how much Doctor Who in general means to me so, was fortunate.

(01-05-2020, 01:32 PM)Alliecat Wrote: I am sure out of touch with Doctor Who.  It stopped being on any channel I get ages ago sad  She's a nice figure and seems a pretty good likeness from what I've seen.

I would say I think it's on Amazon Prime, but a lot of my US friends were complaining because it's maybe not? Or that the episodes won't be uploaded until some point today. I think it's on BritBox, I know ClassicWho is. (You'd think with the Youtube channel they'd upload stuff there but /shrug)

- - - 

5. E is for Ever After

[Image: 64397926_0ec3b9dba075021b7b49b221434ffae9_standard.jpg]

A school with a lot of issues. I mean, seriously, don't think they'd pass their OFSTED inspection...
Ha! I agree!

To be honest, Ever Afterverse had more plot holes than plot... matter? But I still loved it so much.
Apple looks so authoritative here! Definitely the leader of the Pretty Posse.
While I don't know anything about the stories, I do like the dolls -- they have cute faces. So far I have resisted temptation.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
We originally got into the dolls through Shannon Hale’s books, they were fun, the only thing I really neve got was why Dexter turned into a bicycle.
(01-06-2020, 12:03 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Ha! I agree!

To be honest, Ever Afterverse had more plot holes than plot... matter? But I still loved it so much.

So there was more plot anti-matter? Hmm....

(01-06-2020, 04:43 AM)davidd Wrote: Apple looks so authoritative here! Definitely the leader of the Pretty Posse.

Apple is the leader of the student body. Irregardless of what anyone else thinks.

(01-06-2020, 02:05 PM)Alliecat Wrote: While I don't know anything about the stories, I do like the dolls -- they have cute faces.  So far I have resisted temptation.

You would need to eBay them now, they aren't made anymore. Honestly there really isn't a line that properly fills the space Monster High left...

(01-06-2020, 03:25 PM)Elfy Wrote: We originally got into the dolls through Shannon Hale’s books, they were fun, the only thing I really neve got was why Dexter turned into a bicycle.

... Wait, what?! 

- - - 

5. F is for Friends

[Image: 64436834_db18a36ae1664be153a160aaec00f0e3_standard.jpg]

They come in all shapes and sizes.