Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(01-14-2020, 12:23 PM)davidd Wrote: They all appear to be holding their own against the ravages of time: beautiful hair, bright colors, able to hold a pose. Several of my MH figures are having glue-hair issues, and their joints have become so loose they will no longer stand or hold a pose.

The first time I saw Abby in one of the animated films I could hardly stop laughing! That accent, and her lines relating to Yeti culture! That was when MH was still all-in with the monster lore and the obscure jokes and references.

I think it helps I tend to lie them all flat for storage if they are not out and posed. That being said, Robecca is very loose, as is Nefera, but I am quite lucky with the others. 

I miss the obscure jokes... 

(01-14-2020, 12:28 PM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: They look like a more fun group to hang out with than yesterday's girls smile

They are a much more casual bunch, that's for certain. 

(01-14-2020, 03:20 PM)Elfy Wrote: I have a soft spot for MH, because although Lejays really got into the doll hobby with EAH, MH were the gateway drug there.

MH was my first foray into doll collecting as an adult. I think it was for quite a few people, actually, as the dolls were very unqiue and were very different compared to the Barbies on offer. 

(01-14-2020, 08:28 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Aaah, Monster High. I started collecting a year and a half before they came out, but MH was what launched the serious phase of my collecting. I've been kinda disheartened about them lately, because of glue / yellowing / plastic and rubber deteriorating issues, but I still love MH dearly, and I always will!

Kind of waiting to see if in 10/15 years they'll be doing anniversary MH or repro MH

- - - 

14. N is for Norse

[Image: 64752700_5dcf2ee8e633771087bdeafcd7423f48_standard.jpg]

And one of my favourite set of siblings. Thor and Loki.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by werepuppy - 01-15-2020, 01:25 AM