Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(01-15-2020, 01:43 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Seeing them together like that made me think how awesome it would be if there was a line of dolls depicting various ancient gods. I'd definitely go for all the Norse ones!

Oh, yes, you're right! I believe Barbie did a small range of Greek Goddess, but I don't think there's every been other attempts. It would be a very cool line! 

(01-15-2020, 05:07 AM)davidd Wrote: "My brother the cosplayer! Don't be fooled by all those muscles, he's really a total nerd!"

He took talking tree as an elective. Thor is proud of being a nerd, thank you. He would do his push-ups over his textbooks while annoying Heimdall, back in the day. 

(01-15-2020, 06:23 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Love the group of MH - I always liked the less common dolls & reading the back of the boxes when we would look at them in the toy aisle.
But like Elfy said, I fell hard into collecting when the fairy tale ones appeared - I’ve always preferred fairy tales to monsters.

Nice pair of brothers there.

I really wish Mattel hadn't begun to cut corners on MH/EAH. Both lines felt like they had a bit more in them, and I keep wondering what would have happened if they did do that proposed crossover movie before they stopped the dolls...

(01-15-2020, 12:14 PM)Alliecat Wrote: A colourful group of MH's.  I like the big smile on the blonde in the back; which one is she?
A line of ancient-god dolls could be cool.

Oh, that is Clawdia Wolf! Oldest of the Wolf siblings.

I'm really liking this idea of dolls based on mythological figures. 

(01-15-2020, 12:44 PM)DeadlyNova Wrote: I love every single photo you've posted so far! I love that you're doing things with letters, that's such a fun idea!

Thank you! The A-to-Z thing was just a way to challenge myself, to be honest. I might do it a few times, just because of the challenge of it all. 

(01-15-2020, 04:04 PM)Elfy Wrote: They need to make a Sif or a Valkyrie doll.

There is a Titans Heroes 12" figure, but I don't think it looks much like her. It looks more like the figure has been based on a artist's rendition of the actress. 

- - - 

15. O is for Obitsu

[Image: 64786759_529a1ef678c9c7183486718fa4130d26_standard.jpg]

Olivia and Jack are my two big Obitsu people, and have a long standing friendship. Constantly leaning on each other, and so forth. They're deep in conversation on... something, here.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by werepuppy - 01-15-2020, 10:32 PM