Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(02-05-2020, 02:44 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Your Begoths are awesome! I always enjoy seeing them in your photos.

Thank you! It's a shame they ended when they did - right before Monster High launched. They would have found new life with the monsters around, and probably managed another few series at least. 

(02-05-2020, 03:23 AM)davidd Wrote: This is only part of your BeGoth collection? How cool to have a massive collection of these amazing figures, which seemed to have a fairly impressive run despite largely flying under the radar (eclipsed in part by the somewhat more popular - over here at any rate - Living Dead Dolls). Most of your BeGoths are the 12-inch size, right? Do you have any of the 7-inch... which I suppose would be more accurately described as "figures" rather than "dolls" due to their limited articulation.

Hee, thank you! I have been fortunate enough to gather a collection of 17 of the 12" dolls over the years. LDDs seem to be more popular over here as well, though more ex.pensive due to Mezco not really having the best UK distribution... I do not have any of the 7" figures, largely as I've found them to be oddly more ex.pensive on the secondary market than the dolls, and the few that are cheaper have never really appealed to me. Perhaps I will find one that hits the right price point, and right look for me. 

(02-05-2020, 12:25 PM)Alliecat Wrote: You must have quite a lot of them.  It can be challenging finding discontinued dolls at good prices (hello, J-Dolls?!) but it sounds like you've done well.

17 over 9 years so... Actually fairly well. Averages to roughly 2 a year, which is very surprising to me. I wish J-Dolls were easier to find, and at good prices - I looked up the releases, and there's a few others I would have loved to own. It was lucky for US-people when Tuesday Morning got a ton in, but that is not a UK store. Ah well, I forever trawl eBay and Mandarake.

(02-05-2020, 09:31 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: BeGoths are a very interesting line - how many more do you have that you couldn’t get them all in the shot?

I agree with you werepuppy, if they don’t bring you joy (and fit into The Room), time to move them on & get a non-Mr Bean-looking Poe smile

There are 12 more that aren't in that shot. I was trying to go for one that looked nice, rather than all-encompassing. Using the risers helps somewhat there.

LOL, yeah. I think I will be posting them on a selling page soon enough - just need to get off my bum and take a photograph of them.

- - - 

36. C is for Charlie Bears

[Image: 65638273_6faba633ad1a9523d230f23e1e0ca3bc_standard.jpg]

Another one of the big collections I have, that being bear collecting. Charlie Bears are known as being bears with personality, and I've always found that to be very true. In this picture we have Smartie (blue), Ragsy (pastels), and Smudge (purple/green.) Just three of my collection, but I liked how they looked together like this.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by werepuppy - 02-05-2020, 10:30 PM