Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(02-08-2020, 12:57 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: My dolls wish I got to sewing their outfits as quickly as you do... I'm way behind the planned schedule LOL

Emerald is such a unique doll, and I love that combo of purple and green!!!

Hehe, I was so excited to have Emerald, that I started work on her dress quickly. Plus it's really just two square of fabric sewn together with a neckhole cut out, so it's not anything special. 

Her colouring is so lovely - I think Operetta has the nearest shade of purple if you're looking at Monster High, but it's not exact. And such pastel shades of each which actually makes the purple and green combination look really nice? It's so odd, but I adore her. 

(02-08-2020, 01:42 AM)davidd Wrote: I suppose my positive impression of EAH is based largely on the Dragon Games releases, which wore armor rather than gowns. Well, armor over gowns, but still, armor. Prior to the Dragon Games series, I did not have much interest in EAH, other than thinking it was a clever spin-off from the Monster High concept.

I think if you could get Emerald's eyes to light up it would be kinda freaky-cool! But yeah, I get what you mean about it not being a big deal. How often do I push the button to light up the Novi Stars dolls I have with a similar feature? Like, never.

Dragon Games is genuinely what I would call the best release of EAH, and I wish there had been more of it. I loved the look of the armour and just... yes, so much love that that particular line. 

I do want to try it, but it's a gimmick from the 70s and I just can't help but wonder if it would even work now. I have looked and the mechanism is all clean, it would just be finding the right bulb and battery.

(02-08-2020, 12:07 PM)Elfy Wrote: Two E’s, one for Emerald and one for Enchanting.

Ahh, very true, I did not realise that when I posted, so isn't that a lovely thing.

- - - 

39. F is for Fashion

[Image: 65766248_a3503ae5aec7a1d596b27b7bc5f1d180_standard.jpg]

Which quite a few of the people in the room believe is a form of personal ex.pression, as Akiko and Marnie will show here. Akiko prefers comfort in her clothing, while Marnie likes looks a little bit stylish. Both still fashionable, but both ex.pressing themselves differently.

(Akiko did have to reassure Marnie that the sneakers worked with the dress - she's got bigger feet than most dolls, so there aren't many heels her size.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by werepuppy - 02-08-2020, 10:55 PM