Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(02-12-2020, 01:43 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: The jacket really does look great on him!

It's one of the cooler pieces Mattel have put on one of their male dolls lately. Feels really nice, too.

(02-12-2020, 02:31 AM)davidd Wrote: What became of Finn in the third movie? He was an interesting character with a lot of potential in the first film. He became a cartoonish non-entity of a supporting character in the second movie. I think I read that Finn and Poe had some conflict over Rey's affections, which, if that is true, sounds totally stupid. And then there was what's her name, Rose? The one that fans, at least online, despised for... no concrete reason that I can identify, who seemed to have a bit of a (not very credible) crush on Finn in the second movie.

Anyway, good luck, Finn! The Empire (or whatever it was called) was a formidable foe, but now you're in The Room! You're gonna have to up your game!

Okay, I will disagree to an extent on the second movie's characterisation of him as it was imparting a lesson the character did need. Finn have transferred his devotion to the First Order into following Rey around in TFA, and TLJ needed to have him learn that he couldn't be passive in the scheme of things. That being said, I think they could have done it in a far better manner than they did. TRoS is... a mixed bag. They continue the strand of him moving forward and becoming more active... but they do this by reverting back - in a sense - to him screaming REY every other scene. It's... Well, IDK. He becomes a General but again /shrug. 

Rose got all her time cut down too, I think due to those fans who complained about her and who bullied the actress off social media soooo yeah. 

In the Room, it's gonna be focused more on Finn being... himself. He's already shown a bit of a tendency to snark at Kylo-Ben in some earlier segments. We'll see how that develops. 

(02-12-2020, 04:58 PM)Elfy Wrote: I think they may have realised how limited John Boyega is as an actor, and a large section of fandom only wanted him to have a relationship with Poe.

... I can't say I've seen him in enough to judge. His character in Attack the Block is fantastic and very different to Finn, but that's about the only other thing I've seen him in. 

- - - 

43. J is for Juxtaposition

[Image: 65932839_0ebb4356f293ddd664f631efc7159244_standard.jpg]

Definition: the fact of two things being seen or placed close together with contrasting effect.

The Doctor and Master have been an example of juxtaposition for centuries, now. Wonder if anything will change?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by werepuppy - 02-12-2020, 10:51 PM