Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(03-05-2020, 12:22 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Yaaay, another one of those coats! This might be my fave version of Doctor so far!

It's definitely the cuddliest version of the Doctor thus far. Actually this coat could probably fit a bigger BJD... Hm, I will need to test that theory out. Watch this thread Tongue

(03-05-2020, 03:22 AM)davidd Wrote: Time Bear is an authorised release, not a custom? That is too cool!

Maybe, if this one proves popular, they'll issue versions of all the Doctors as bears!

100% authorised! Thirteen and Ten were the first releases and are currently both sold out. Though their outfits are still on the website. 

(03-05-2020, 07:11 AM)Elfy Wrote: I think they did a Tom Baker bear, although maybe that was a custom.

Possibly a custom, as the only authorised ones thus far are Thirteen and Ten.

(03-05-2020, 10:10 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Aw! Doctor Bear is adorable. Wonder if that is an exclusively UK thing? (I know Dr. Who is popular here, too, but not so much in a mainstream, Build-a-Bear kind of way...)

As far as I know, they're available worldwide! 

(03-05-2020, 04:29 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Aw, he’s really cute. Is he a new addition to your crew?
(Or, I guess it’s a “she“?)

Relatively new, yeah. Had her about... coming up for three weeks now. 

(Yeah, since it's Thirteen, she is the pronoun of choice.)

(03-05-2020, 06:47 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Waah!!

I want one, I hope it’s available here - I’m going to drag Elfy to the Build A Bear place in the city on Saturday, I hope I can find her.

She’s so cool!!

The Doctor Who range seems to be exclusive to the website! (Which is actually pretty annoying tbh but that's how they've decided to do it.)

- - - 

65. Throwback Thursday: Oor Wullie the Musical: World Book Day

[Image: 66894511_ca6fba8fe6f53d43f4b860efc37b5a42_standard.jpg]

Today happens to be World Book Day within the UK, and I was trying to think of a cool picture for celebrating it. I remembered this on my instagram and, well, that does work well.

Oor Wullie is a comic strip that has been running in The Sunday Post for 84 years. It features around 10 year old Wullie, and his adventures in his home town of Auchenshoogle, with his Ma, Pa, and his friends. The most infamous image of the strip - and how the majority start and end - is Wullie sitting on an unturned bucket. (Samples of the strip can be found here!)

The comic strip recently gained a musical adaptation that has been receiving rave reviews from many publications. Last Wednesday (26th Feb) Basil and I went along to see it at the Macroberts Arts Centre. It was a lot of fun, a great laugh, and the songs are stuck in my head so I'm really hoping they bring out a cast recording. For those interested, here is a trailer for the show and a performance of one of the songs.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by werepuppy - 03-05-2020, 11:22 PM