Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(03-08-2020, 11:30 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: The Death of Rats is so cute & squishy.  Which is an odd thing to say about a skeleton with a scythe smile

Discworld is the best series, I adore it.  I probably need to re-read the Tiffany books again soon, it’s been a year or so since I did.

Basil looks a bit small on the Official Bucket.  Do you have one that’s more his scale to re-create the pose?

It is, but we all know Death of Rats is the most adorable. I actually got this one to cosplay Susan Sto Helit (in Duty Mode), but I'm having difficulty finding the right kind of wig and dress for it. I will continue to search, however! 

Oh man, I love the Tiffany books. She's such a good wee witch, and I love the entire narrative in the first one that selfishness can be used for good. 

I do not have a correctly sized bucket at the moment, but I am looking for one. Or at least trying to work out how to make one. 

(03-09-2020, 03:15 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: He looks like he owns the place, even though he's so small compared to the bucket!

Basill apparently can make himself comfortable anywhere he wants. If he wants to own the bucket, he will own the bucket. Only not that one, that's Oor Wullie's and we cannae have the laddie greetin' o'er his missing pail. 

(03-09-2020, 03:39 AM)davidd Wrote: Ooh, so that's not just any bucket, but an actual, or as LeJays, says, "official" stage prop bucket! Kewlness!

Now, having done something like this, Basil is ready to become a fully-fledged "traveling doll" or "traveling action figure." You'll have to take him out and about, all over the city, out in  to the countryside, and all over the country this coming season for all kinds of travelogue adventures.

You were going to try to get out and about more this past summer, as I recall; maybe this can be the season! Basil at Hadrian's Wall, Basil on the bonnie banks of Loch Lomond, Basil at John O'Groats, and Basil stopping at every quirky tourist attraction and roadside oddity he sees along the way - it will be grand!

Yes, very much the official bucket! 

I am hoping to get out a little bit more. It's the keeping wee Basil safe. I am hoping to get down to London in August, so hopefully that will result in some fun photographs. Getting further... Well, it's oddly harder to plan wee day trips than it is anything else >< We will need to wait and see. 

(03-09-2020, 01:47 PM)Elfy Wrote: We need more Pratchett plushies.

The Discworld Emporium has a few... Just, y'know, if you were curious. (I want that Death with cat one.)

(03-09-2020, 03:34 PM)DeadlyNova Wrote: AHHHH, YOU HAVE THE MEDICOM L FIGURE. I was just looking at him YESTERDAY, haha. He looks amazing!

Death Note will always be near and dear to my heart, as it was one of the first animes I watched. I got into it when I was about 14, nearly twelve years ago.

Yes, I do! Sorry, I still get a bit excited to think that that figure is a part of my collection finally after so so long. 

Death Note is a manga near to my heart, partly because it was one of my very first.  I mean, I did watch Digimon and Pokemon but ... yeah. 

- - - 

69. C is for Catty

[Image: 67052448_d0f470dcc3883f0e23e452734d96c86b_standard.jpg]

You know what I realised? I can use the A to Z to get each doll a moment in the spotlight.  So here is Catty Noir. ... I swear her hair looked tidier as I was taking the picture.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by werepuppy - 03-10-2020, 01:20 AM