Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(03-10-2020, 01:37 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Mattel was driving me crazy with Catty's releases. I wanted one without gloves, but all the gloveless releases were multipacks with dolls I didn't want. And I really like her siggy, but that one never made it to Czech Republic.

Oh, and sorry for not commenting much over at Dollieh Sanctuary, I don't go there too often, because everyone I want to keep up with on daily basis is here and Kizuna and Chitose don't have very frequent updates, so sometimes, I even forget to check that place.

The weirdest thing is I don't remember seeing Catty on the shelves at all? I picked up this one at a toy trader stall at one of the bigger comic conventions last year. Even some of those multi-packs proved hard to find. I didn't much like the price point on those, anyway. That being said - she obviously must have been in the country, just maybe not my distribution area? 

(Don't worry about the commenting thing - I do understand!)

(03-10-2020, 11:48 AM)davidd Wrote: Yeah, I'm with you on the unruly hair. It doesn't matter how nicely I think I have doll hair smoothed down or brushed, in the photos after the fact there are always dozens of stray hairs, many of which catch and reflect the light better and brighter than any mirror could ever do.

By the time Catty was released I was buying far fewer Monster High figures. Where I was living at the time, she was very common, almost becoming a "shelf sitter" for a while. Now, in retrospect, I really wish I had picked her up, because she's a very cool figure.

Seriously! Monday is actually the worst for this for me which ... is very ironic considering how well put together she likes to think of herself as being. Actually, the reflection thing is the reason a lot of my photos have the same sort of set up - it's just a way of controlling the light in the area. 

The Monster High distribution was very weird. In some places dolls sat for ages, and in others you couldn't find them on a shelf to begin with.

(03-10-2020, 01:13 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: The contrast between her black skin & bright pink hair is glorious.  And I get your frustration with the messy hair that looks fine 2 seconds before the photo was taken.

Oh yeah, that contrast was nice. I kinda wonder what if they went with a softer shade of pink? That would have been interesting.

I think it's a sad thing for all doll owners - the hair will never be as neat as we want it. 

- - - 

70. D is for Deuce

[Image: 67089940_8f32111c941e36d59f5658cc3514cb73_standard.jpg]

Deuce Gorgon is the only child of the infamous Medusa and has inherited his mother's ability to turn whatever he looks at to stone. He's still not so good at controlling this, but did find out that sunglasses helped control it - the darker the shades, the better.

As far as who his father is? Deuce doesn't know. His mother told him she prayed to the Gods for a child to end her loneliness. Honestly? She had been hoping for a girl. They're not sure which of the Gods answered the prayer, though. 

Deuce isn't much fussed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by werepuppy - 03-10-2020, 11:25 PM