Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(03-21-2020, 01:55 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I always liked the character, but never the design. His color scheme just doesn't work for me.

He was my favorite ship for Frankie (poor girl, Mattel always made her have crush on someone new, and part of the fandom came to see her as harlot because of it)!

I have seen some repaints that do work on the ex.posed muscle part of the sculpt and it does add a pop of colour needed to it all.

Come to think of it, I don't think I had a preferred ship for Frankie. You're right about the poor girl always been made to crush on someone new - it wasn't fair on her characterisation at all. In the Room, Neighthan is closest to Avea, but it's just friendship between the pair. Unicorns tend to have that whole magical destined other half, or so he claims, so he's not in the mood to date around.

(03-21-2020, 05:36 AM)davidd Wrote: This has to be one of the "freakiest" looking of the Monster High releases. Zombie unicorn? Obviously Mattel was running out of classic and traditional monsters from film and folklore.

He's definitely a cool release, though. Fun yet creepy, as was the best of Monster High.

I mean, let's be honest, it's a cool mash-up. Definitely getting back to some of the more monstrous tellings of the unicorns - you thought someone with a great big spike in it's head was innocent? Nah, laddie. There's a reason the unicorn is the national animal of Scotland! 

I still really love his top and want one adult sized. 

(03-21-2020, 01:16 PM)Alliecat Wrote: I had seen photos of him before but wasn't sure what he was supposed to be.  A zombie unicorn is an interesting twist.

It was a combination I hadn't seen done before, and I don't think I've seen it done since. Zombie-corns are something we should have more of! 

- - - 

81. O is for Olivia

[Image: 67506173_a1a378eebcf9373183ac89f6f4fad4f9_standard.jpg]

Olivia O'Lantern is kind of the middle ground of Fae kind in the room. She's not the oldest, or the youngest, and that tends to mean she pretty much gets left to do as she pleases. She likes all things Halloween, and would very much like it if that holiday were celebrated all year around.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by werepuppy - 03-21-2020, 11:27 PM