Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(04-19-2020, 02:57 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I love Horrible Histories! Most of the very few things I remember about history come from those books!

That's an amazing shot of Wednesday! I'm sure she's making a mental list of people to whose tea she'd like to administer a drop or two from that bottle.

So glad people know Horrible Histories! Look, this series is popular enough that even in uni we could actually use it in class discussions. And one of my tutors allowed it for oral presentations as they found it summarised complicated topics really well in a few minutes. (He actually mentioned the English Civil War song to me,)

Oh, there is a full, full list. And not all of it is nice.

(04-19-2020, 05:09 AM)davidd Wrote: I used to have a Horrible Histories book. Don't remember which one, now.

Looking at the tiny pic of the teeny figures, I think I can identify Henry VIII (I am, I am) on the bottom left, and perhaps Blackbeard the Pirate (Edward Teach) second row right.

And a Cro-Magnon or other caveman type on the top row, centre?

Gloriously gloomy pic of Wednesday!

Correct on both fronts! The guy up the top is just a general caveman - too small to show the physical differences between them. 

Wednesday does enjoy the gloomy. 

(04-19-2020, 11:33 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: I can get quite a few eras from the picture, there’s a pair of Egyptian soldiers, a pair of Roman soldiers, a different soldier from the Crimea War (I think, it might be Napoleonic ).
Then there’s Guy Fawkes, Blackbeard, Henry VIII, a Viking, I think maybe a Druid, but that one could also be a general Roman or Egyptian.

I could probably make some more guesses if I could see the characters a bit better.  I’ve never read any of the books or seen the show, but I am familiar with them.

It’s a fab pic of Wednesday, she looks very contemplative over her poison bottle there.

Very correct! I might post the slightly bigger version later...

Wednesday always considers how to use poison correctly.

(04-19-2020, 11:41 AM)Elfy Wrote: I didn’t know the HH’s did dolls, that’s a very cool collection.

Small little figures for a short lived game, but I'm proud of it. 

(04-19-2020, 12:20 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Yes, Blackbeard & Henry are pretty obvious.  Couple of ancient Egyptian & Greek soldiers?  Is the guy with the red hat a Mayflower-era pilgrim? And the one with the big yellow shield maybe a Templar?
I think I recall seeing a Horrible Histories book at the library.

Wednesday looks like she's plotting something.

I really recommend reading the HH books - they're fun even now! 

Wednesday is always plotting. 

- - - 

110. J is for Jay

[Image: 68508418_3a7129570327f3bb9412934c2031a718_standard.jpg]

One of the Descendants! Son of Jafar, and kind of really underused in the movies. I like Jay, he's a badass. Well, for a Disney thing, anyway.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by werepuppy - 04-19-2020, 10:49 PM