Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
Aw, adorable :3 And I agree, The Mandalorian is a great series, I thoroughly enjoyed watching it, which was such a relief after my great disappointment with Episode 9 (let's not even talk about it... I've known and heard of many Star Wars fans disappointed by the franchise, but I wasn't one of them - not until Episode 9, that is. I'm even among the rarer species who also liked the prequels. But after watching the last episode... I've actually been feeling down and depressed for days. So this is how it feels to be let down by the franchise you like? It sucks big time sad ). The Mandalorian, while very predictable and filled with clichés in many ways, was something that kept me excited all along. It's also something I would have happily rewatched right after we finished it. A friend of mine who saw the series before me, described how she&her husband watched it as "We just couldn't stop. We went "Let's just watch another episode" again, and again. We had to force-convince ourselves to pause when we couldn't hold back going to the toilet anymore" - back then I laughed, now I understand smile

To answer the question about The Child: no, it is not Yoda. The Mandalorian takes place in a time after Yoda's death. Yoda's species is unknown/not named, and this baby character also doesn't yet have a known name, so I guess the obvious resemblance made it the easiest for fans to just call it Baby Yoda. I'm looking forward to the 2nd series, and I'm interested to see if it will reveal anything about the species, and whether this baby is a relative of Yoda. Doing the math, Yoda was still alive when this baby was born (its age is revealed in the series), so that could be a possibility, though it shouldn't necessarily be a thing just because they are of the same species and are both force-sensitive.
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by Loona - 05-08-2020, 05:58 AM