Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(05-17-2020, 10:58 PM)werepuppy Wrote:
 But sociological discussion doesn't really fit on a doll board and I wouldn't know where to start with making a balanced informed argument on either side of this one. 

That's a thing that merits a wider discussion - boys and their toy are accepted for a longer period of time than girls are socially 'allowed' to have an interest in similar things. 

Sociological discussion absolutely fits on a doll board... as long as it's this doll board – one of the broadest ranging and most intellectually stimulating forums to which I've ever had the pleasure of belonging!

Might seem that way about "boys" to "girls." Speaking as a boy, to me it seems the opposite. For boys, even "action figures" still carry the "stigma" of being dolls and by the time you're nine you'd better be moving on to other things. For all kids, it seems the pressure to "grow up" has become so intense that the window of opportunity for enjoying and playing with toys has become extremely compressed. Another topic for sociological discussion!

The Barbie Wicked Signature Line should have included flying monkeys. A flying monkey Barbie would be wicked keen!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by davidd - 05-18-2020, 03:58 AM