Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(05-22-2020, 11:32 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: She's gorgeous! I believe her special eye is the old Japanese Rising Sun Flag, used in Edo period. While the current Japanese flag doesn't have rays, this old one is still used by the army, or at least some part of it. Lolita fahion is another Japanese thing, so I think this beautiful lady might be a sort of tribute to Japan.

I think you are right in regards to what her eye is meant to represent. It still looks horribly bloodshot though. I know of the Lolita fashion styles, but the name is always going to make pause. 

She is a lovely looking doll though - BeGoths were good at pulling out stunning releases. 

(05-23-2020, 01:58 AM)davidd Wrote: Really cool outfit! I like the lace-up front!

Insightful observations by neon_jellyfish. Her conclusions seem to make sense.

From what little I can uncover online, it appears that the "exclusive" aspect involved a tie-in with a toy and action figure review website called figures.com.

The front is just decorative - of course. I would love to see a doll dress for 1/6 that did actually have the opening it looked like it should have. 1/3 scale tends to be a bit better about it. Honestly I would try getting more BeGoths clothing pieces second hand if I could but the dolls are of the old Barbie style with the big busts so it's never really a thing. 

Ahhh... I have never heard of this site. 

(05-23-2020, 01:45 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: The eye is quite striking - even if it looks bloodshot if you look quickly at it.

Oh yeah! Your eye cannot help but be drawn to it. 

- - - 

144. M is for Mouscedes

[Image: 69992714_487e0b9be4159a4116fd13040ed6ccd9_standard.jpg]

A cute little mouse girl! This was her release from the Boo York three pack, and is missing her hair bow thing but still very adorable.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by werepuppy - 05-23-2020, 09:59 PM