Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(05-24-2020, 12:33 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Mouscedes is such a cutie! I still ponder getting her now and then. I just wish there was a non-shimmery version of her. I'd also prefer some other hair color, we had quite a few pink-haired dolls at that point, and while I like pink, I thought that some other colors would deserve a chance, too. Not sure what was Mattel referring to with Rat King. Maybe Nutcracker, but that one's Mouse King (which seems to be a much better fit for her). She certainly doesn't remind me of rat kings in the traditional sense of the term, she's not the least bit sinister, and too mouse-ey, instead of rat-ish.

But I love cute things, too, and she is SUPER cute. I could solve the hair color issue by rerooting and she would simply be a weremouse.

Sorry for the rambling!

The three pack version is non-shimmery, sort of. She's not as shimmery as the solo release was. Hair colour wise, I'm not sure which I would have preferred. Maybe a silver or a deeper grey? I dont think we had those on any other releases so it would have been more of her things. I think there was at least one urban legend about giant mice in the sewers of New York but that could just be my head reaching to try to find some connection when it's clear they were going more with Nutcracker which really should have put Mouscedes at Ever After High

... Though someone really smart could probably spin some ex.planation about how EAH only accepts certain types of people, habouring this elitism factor that would tie into Apple's sense of Destiny is Always Right but again, I'm just blowing hot air here. 

Ramble away! 

(05-24-2020, 01:44 AM)Loona Wrote: Ah, I can see a recurring pink hair-pattern starting up here smile Both Lolita and Mouscedes look cute. Lolita totally reminds me of an actual person I knew (sans the red eye).

I think there is! Her 3-pack version is either significantly less shimmery than the single-packed version, or completely non-shimmery. I do have both of them somewhere, I can try to dig them up and take a comparison photo if that'd be helpful smile
That's actually what makes me unable to make up my mind about which version to keep... on one hand, the shimmer looks cool, on the other hand, I was intending to make her monochrome by rehairing and partially repainting her, and IIRC the shimmer is bluish, definitely not greyscale.

I would say that at least they both have very different shades of pink as hair, which makes them stand out a bit. Some BeGoths do tend to make me think of people I know (or knew). Well... some of the more low key ones. 

This is the three-pack version of Mouscedes and there is still some shimmer in her, though I would like to see her compared with her solo release to see how much of a difference there is! 

(05-24-2020, 01:49 AM)davidd Wrote: One of the more unusual of the MH releases. Not sure how she really fits in with the "monster" theme. Mattel was definitely stretching the definition of "monster" after a while.

They really were. Once their traditional bank was mostly exhausted, they seemed to be lost... Even though their web-series had a few background or one-off characters that would have made really cool dolls. Or maybe put one of those SDCC releases into a more simple standard release? IDK. It's easy now to sit and go oh this would have been good, or they should have done this, but I' sur it was harder to think up ideas at the time. 

(05-24-2020, 10:41 AM)Alliecat Wrote: I wonder if there are any other dolls with flag representations in their eyes...?
I guess some people find mice scary as monsters (someone I know).  I just find them really bleepin' annoying when they get into my house  Rawr!

That I know of, no, but I'm sure they're out there somewhere! There's all sorts of dolls in the world, after all. 

Mice are one of the more common fears so it could be playing on that, that's true...

(05-24-2020, 01:10 PM)Elfy Wrote: The Little Mouse Girl is gorgeous and so whimsical.

I feel like I need a cheese prop for her. 

(05-24-2020, 01:35 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Shes a cutie, I like her large teeth, which fits into the mouse theme.

It does create this endearing look to her! 

- - - 

145. N is for Nefera

[Image: 70033231_6c7666ddbe4c9e553986b5eb419a71be_standard.jpg]

I found signature Nefera in a charity shop and snapped her up because yes, fantastic. I think I will need to learn how to fix the elastic of her hips because they're quite loose but she holds a pose well enough. Still a stunning looking girl, though.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by werepuppy - 05-24-2020, 09:28 PM