Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(05-25-2020, 01:44 AM)davidd Wrote: Well, that was certainly a fortuitous charity shop find, as your Nefera appears to be intact and in good condition. Nefera was not particularly easy to find even in retail stores, at least where I was living.

She certainly has a regal, and rather elitist, appearance. Mattel did excellent work in the creation of this figure. This "playline" doll is up there in quality with some of their "limited edition collector" releases.

I was genuinely amazed when I found her and immediately had to snap her up because... well, you don't come across that every day. She wasn't easy to find here, even when she was on general sale, so it was very much a thing of YES SHE'S MINE. I find her appearance to be perfectly in keeping with that character they gave her and ... well I don't know if she'll remain so one note here. I know she's had a brief cameo in the Room but I think she may be coming into things more sooner or later...

Maybe anyway. If I work out my storylines.

(05-25-2020, 03:51 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Yay for a great find! I love Nefera to bits, and I'm happy to have her siggy in my collection. BYBY and Scream and Sugar releases were also gorgeous, but they never reached the same level of aristocratic classiness. I never cared about the character, she's a one-dimensional plot device, but her dolls are just stunning!

2012 was such a great year for MH. Major nostalgic sigh.

I would have loved to have gotten the Scream and Sugar release because I did find that version really nice? 

I miss Monster High - there was talk of a collector line launching this year but I suspect that was going to be an SDCC thing and... yeah. 

- - - 

Side note: it is about 20 past 7 in the morning as I am writing this post, and I am operating on no sleep whatsoever. I'm in the middle of changing to new meds and it's really messing up my sleeping patterns. I just sort of said bugger it and opted to stay up this morning, so we'll see if I crash at any point today or if I manage to make it to at least 9 tonight before I slink off for a sleep. 

- - - 

146. O is for Operetta

[Image: 70063558_3bf0ba986d9edf1dc1fefbd811caa103_standard.jpg]

One of the more stylish ghouls of Monster High, in my opinion. This is the... Picture Day release, I believe. In the Room? Operetta is actually fairly chilled out, her only real issue comes from her choice of paramour, Nikolai Vladimir Dracula, and the fact he's trying not to sink his fangs into it. Inuendo not intended. We think.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by werepuppy - 05-25-2020, 04:22 PM