Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(06-15-2020, 10:05 PM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: She is fancy! And also looks like she's silently judging whoever she's lunching with!

A lot of Silkstones have that judging ex.pression. It was very much the style of the vintage and original Barbies, which the Silkstones are modelled from. I'm quite fond of it, if I'm honest. 

(06-15-2020, 10:25 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: She looks like she keeps her distance out of consideration for others, as she knows that too much ex³posure to her cool classiness could hurt them.

Elinor is very considerate of others, even if she does get a bit huffy around those who do not meet her standards.

(06-16-2020, 01:45 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Very posh-looking.  So they're significantly heavier than other Barbies?
What a sweet bear.  Love her cute pink nose.

Oh, very much do. You can feel a Silkstone in your hand, a playline Barbie feels like nothing in comparison. I don't know if I have a playline one that looks similar enough that a comparison could be done... Hm, that's something I'll put some thought on. 

Thank you! 

(06-16-2020, 01:49 PM)davidd Wrote: Oh yes, it would be fun to see more of the Ladies Who Lunch, particularly in Life in the Room segments, as they lunch... and gossip.

Elinor is quite lovely. I was not aware that you had more than one Silkstone.

The Ladies Who Lunch include Elinor, Clarice, Susie, and on the odd occasion, Cousin Monday. 

I am fortunate enough to have two. Elinor, who was given as a gift, and Clarice who I managed to find as a complete bargain. 

(06-16-2020, 05:17 PM)Elfy Wrote: I don’t think I’d like to be on Elinor’s bad side.

Her gaze would be terrifying to come under,  I agree. 

(06-16-2020, 06:00 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: She’s beautifully elegant, just the type of person who I would imagine being a Lady That Lunches.

Especially with cocktails, darling. 

- - - 

168. F is for Firework

[Image: 71037098_8706ed56e69fc765bdf14408430b3381_standard.jpg]

From the 2012 Charlie Bears collection, Firework is 17" tallk and does have some blue tips in with all that gorgeous purple plush. I tried a few times but I don't know if I managed to get the mixture of colours properly captured - there's a few bears like that, where the mix will only show up under the right type of light.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by werepuppy - 06-16-2020, 10:08 PM