Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
Signature Abbey is lovely! Her stock is great, and Abbey as a doll is also great (not only in her Signature incarnation, but the Sig face-up is also neat). She was amon  my favourite characters in the show, I really liked her personality.

I have her, though I didn't originally plan to. IIRC, I came to like Abbey rather early on (which is no surprise with my attraction to both blue and shimmery things Tongue ), but I wasn't sure which version I would like to get (it was still back in the "max. 1 doll of each character" ear of my collection - by hindsight that was a fight destined to be lost yay ). Since I loved much more stocks than dolls, I got into the habit of buying dolls and reselling them sans their stocks - don't do this, kids, it's a slippery slope... I ended up keeping several dolls whom I didn't consider having before I saw them IRL. This is how Scaris Abbey came to me as well. Back then I was under the impression that I like Dead Tired Abbey best, but she was unavailable here (I got her from overseas years later. I don't think I've ever seen her pop up second hand in local sales), so I settled with Scaris Abbey. I did get Sig Abbey too at one point, but she didn't appeal to me. For some reason though, I didn't initially resell her, and at one point I received a lot that contained another Sig Abbey - who, weirdly enough, was visibly different and much more appealing. That's when I realised that one of them (the one I received later) was an original Signature, and the other one (that I had for a while) a re-release. Both of them were still Sigs, so it was technically the same face-up, but it was shocking how much of a difference all the subtle changes made! In addition, Abbey's early versions had a lighter and more shimmery sheen to their skin compared to later releases, which I also liked much more. Original release Sig Abbey quickly became the Abbey for me, and while I do still have Scaris and Dead Tired, I often consider if I should downsize to two (I can never decide which should go though, which is an issue especially because 3 might eventually become 4, as reboot Party Ghouls Abbey is also on my wishlist. While I have nothing against pink, the way they removed it from that version's colour palette, leaving blue and purple only, is incredibly appealing to me).
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by Loona - 07-14-2020, 01:26 AM