Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(07-31-2020, 09:42 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Spectra was a great release!  Her cheekbones were sharp enough to cut smile

Patchwork bear is such a great one, love all the different colours on him.

They really were such sharp cheekbones. 

I really love patchwork as a general look for bears. It just comes across really nicely?

(08-01-2020, 02:02 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Spectra HeartHeartHeart

Replacing Spectra with Ari was one of things that made me loath the reboot. Fun fact! Spectra was a source of much dismay due to her cheekbones, and soccer moms decided something must be done about it! They complained and Mattel commanded MH team to give Spectra fuller face. However, after the storm passed, the team secretely re-introduced the old sculpt, and no one noticed! I don't have enough info in this, so I don't know which Spectra's releases have which sculpt, I'm pretty sure the new one happened around 2013, I have four Spectras, one of them has the new sculpt. Then it became a mess, because some factories kept using the new sculpt and some switched back to the old one, I do recall differences between dolls made in Indonesia and China, but I can't name any specific releases.

See, I never got a lot of the fuss about the dolls. "They look too scary" ... yeah, that's the point. They're monsters, they should look scary. On the other hand if the argument was she looks too old to be a high schooler ... I'd need to agree. Spectra is fabulous, but with the cheekbones she does look a lot older than the others. It is a stunning sculpt though so I can see why the team would want to continue using it. 

(08-01-2020, 03:44 PM)davidd Wrote: Part-time model; you mean, the part of the time that she chooses to become visible?

Oh, that too! Tongue

(08-01-2020, 04:49 PM)Elfy Wrote: It’s interesting the backstory and kind of sad that PC got in the way of playing.

I think it's less PC and more people over-reacting to what they saw as being unsuitable. 

- - - 

214. T is for Tiana

[Image: 72973764_7106ec68107905e125cc6874ca3e3d09_standard.jpg]

Who is honestly the cutest in Disney Animator form. Like, seriously,  she's adorable. Considering the Animator line is basically heavy on the make them super cute... That's saying something.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by werepuppy - 08-01-2020, 10:13 PM