Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(08-07-2020, 11:17 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Zomby Gaga is amazeballs. I'm so glad I have her (had to get her from Germany)! I even kept the box, it's so pretty.

Seriously the box is fantastic. I really wish the other collector level MH dolls had as creative boxes. I mean, I know it would have driven the price up a bit, but it really does add to the overall look. 

(08-08-2020, 01:16 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Yosumba has a very Carly-esque vibe to her.  It looks like she’s enjoying her afternoon.

And Zomby Gaga is great, her box is an excellent showcase piece too.

Yotsuba is probably going to become my Carly figure for random photos. She's always so cheerful! The manga's (unofficial I think) motto is "enjoy everything" and Yotsuba really does that. So yeah, she'll probably be like Carly for me. Well, between her or Basil, anyway. 

So pleased to have Zomby Gaga in my collection.

(08-08-2020, 03:30 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Is that the manga the Danbo character is in…? She is very colourful. Seeing you have gone all the way through the alphabet again reminds me how scarily fast time is going.  slash

Yes! Danbo orginates from the Yotsuba&! manga. It's weird to think how popular Danbo is when they're really just a one-off thing. Well, no, techically made two appearances. 

Yeaaaaah, it's... a thing. Time does not really feel real. 

(08-08-2020, 09:12 AM)davidd Wrote: Oh, you have one! Is she Never Removed From Box (NRFB)?

Indeed! Though I am constantly tempted to remove her from box. It helps that whenever I get the urge, I pick her up, and then notice how much I really like the effect of her in packaging - like she's on a stage. 

(If I ever find another, I will probably debox that one.)

(08-08-2020, 12:08 PM)Elfy Wrote: She's one of those rare characters that seems to be better off remaining in the box.
Back to Lies, I think you'd really like it. Of course it's my favourite book ever, and a few years ago I was lucky enough to meet the author and get him to sign it, I then retired that particular copy of the book (it had been read many times and travelled all over with me, it went to Europe and England), and bought another copy to read when I wanted to.

This is very true.

Okay, I will make sure to look it out!

- - - 

221. Anime Haul

[Image: 73263164_eb019a42402d87f73d8ea73e2292c00d_standard.jpg]

Olivia sitting with the pile of anime we picked up during the MVM clearance sale at the beginning of July. It was a fantastic sale, with most box-sets down to £10 or less. Alphabetically we got: Chobits, Fruits Basket (original not the newer one), Love Hina, and Romeo x Juliet. Slowly making our way through them!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by werepuppy - 08-08-2020, 09:54 PM