Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(08-12-2020, 09:39 PM)Elfy Wrote: I love the lineup. It reminds me of The Usual Suspects.

... I never thought of that! 

(08-12-2020, 11:07 PM)davidd Wrote: That's quite a range, and just among the "small dolls." Creating dioramas to work across scales would be a challenging exercise.

However, it is quite fun to see that you are not "locked in" to any particular scale, and that you enjoy interesting figures no matter their size or type.

Dioramas are something I keep meaning to work on and I've still yet to start even one. 

I really just go for whatever doll appeals to me. It makes for a fun collection.

(08-13-2020, 12:26 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Size comparisons are always fun! I love how they look like a group of good friends eventhough they're all different.

Of that group, the most stand-offish is Enma Ai. Which makes sense. So yes, good friends - the younger lot tend to lean more to being friends. 

(08-13-2020, 03:12 PM)Alliecat Wrote: That is a fun lineup.
What model is Susie again...?  All three look quite posh.

You might like Jenny-Jinya's concept.  She draws some pretty tearjerker stuff.

Susie is an R and D doll Kyoto Oren Susie. 

Ooh I will check out their stuff.

(08-13-2020, 06:45 PM)Loona Wrote: That's a cute line-up! I love size comparisons, they are fun to look at, and they can be very useful. The more types of dolls and figures are included in them, the bigger the variety and randomness is, the better! Sometimes it's so difficult to determine the actual size (or even scale) of a doll based on pictures - I've ex-perienced both falling in love and becoming disinterested in a doll or figure upon learning their actual size - the love usually comes when I learn it is teeeeny, disinterest when it's big, so this particular line-up is dangerously tempting Tongue

The line up really came from me always wondering how a doll looks when compared with others - hence a line up that shows the heights and also how each doll looks next to another. 

I have to ask: who are you tempted by?

(08-13-2020, 08:10 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Great lineup of figures.

Like others have said. It’s hard to get a sense of scale when you take single photos of individual dolls, so these a great.

The CreAtable World is the curly haired one on the very left?

Yes, the Creatable World doll is the very curly haired one. Seems to be about the same height of the 24cm Obitsu! 

- - - 

226. Time Lords

[Image: 73456079_691e535b8021c0bdde1fec81ad0cb379_standard.jpg]

Because I felt in a Doctor Who mood, here's the Doctor, the Master, and Romana.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by werepuppy - 08-13-2020, 10:05 PM