Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(08-25-2020, 11:08 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: The last greoup of figures are great.  An excellent way to move through the next round of alphabet.

I have a Funko Baby Groot in his pot on my bedside table, he makes me smile to see it.

Ianto is a very underrated character, even by his own team

I was trying to think up things for this round and then I remembered my figures and was like self, you should take advantage of them and so I am! Also aww on your Funko Baby Groot - does he bop in time to the music?

Ianto was a fantastic character - I remember being at the first SFX convention in 2010 (I won tickets), and his actor did a panel and got a ton of cheers. 

(08-25-2020, 11:29 PM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Now I suddenly want to do a Torchwood rewatch...

I want to as well, but I think I'd only manage the first two series if I'm being honest on the matter. 

(08-25-2020, 11:52 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: No idea what's going on. This is very adventurous round of A-Z for me!

I will do my best to ex.plain any questions you have. Torchwood was an 'adult' spin-off of Doctor Who... that admittedly took some time to find it's feet because it couldn't really seem to decide on the overall tone it wanted. Ianto was a regular character in it though, and he was great. 

(08-26-2020, 03:28 AM)Alliecat Wrote: I remember that show, although I think only a season or two aired on a channel I could get. Or maybe that was all there was?  I learn more about some of these characters, like Harley, here, than from all the movies I haven’t watched.

There was two proper seasons then these mini-series which all focused around one story and were hit and miss depending on the viewer. Finding out your pop culture knowledge through dolls and figures isn't a bad way though - I found out about Yotsuba&! from seeing the figure of her popping up a lot and thinking it was cute. 

(08-26-2020, 04:27 PM)Elfy Wrote: We have Torchwood to thank for getting more Captain Jack goodness.

This is true. Though I did wish it continue on the trying to get his missing memories that was first mentioned in his first appearance in Doctor Who and that Jack seems to have forgotten about.

- - - 

239. J is for Joker

[Image: 73964707_4472b123342320bcc29ee6218bbe63f4_standard.jpg]

The Clown Prince of Crime and probably the most famous comic book villain there is. There's been many variations of the Joker throughout his run, and I think my favourite is the animated version voiced by Mark Hamill in Batman: the Animated Series, and the following Justice League cartoons. That's just the version that sticks in my head. This figure is from the same line that my Harley Quinn figure is from.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by werepuppy - 08-26-2020, 08:48 PM