Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(09-04-2020, 11:14 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Ha! Didn't even know these existed. He's awesome!

I did some research and apparently there's been a few made throughout the years, but this is the first time I've ever seen them made. I've got an older Jack and Sally around somewhere, I should take a picture of them...

(09-05-2020, 12:26 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Yikes! I don't think I'd want to sleep in the same room as him...

Ah, don't worry, he just eats nightmares.

(09-05-2020, 12:54 PM)Elfy Wrote: I wonder if Eddie Munster has one of them.

Hm, well, it's after his time, though I would think he would like the style of the film, yeah.

(09-05-2020, 02:05 PM)davidd Wrote: Disney was involved in the production of Nightmare, as I recall. Hence the director being able to include this obvious pastiche of the most iconic Disney character as a toy in the film.

It is quite creepy-cool! With an emphasis on creepy.

Ahhh, I am so glad someone else thought the head design was a hidden Mickey. It's interesting to see how since the mid to late early 00s Disney have been more inclined to embrace Nightmare under their own baner, rather than Touchstone. I suspect it's because of the devoted fanbase which equals money, but either way, it's still nice to see them embrace something that is very much fo a look they don't really go for. 

(Side note in general. One of the reason I love Nightmare so much is the claymation. Genuinely one of those best forms of animation.)

- - - 

249. T is for Tick Tock

[Image: 74359575_e27a6eaf57efac7e3a198a5fd6faeb0b_standard.jpg]

Another bear and if I do ADAD next year, I will need to change it to A Toy A Day to cover the fact I do more than dolls, LOL. Anyway, this is another Charlie Bear, this one by the name of Tick Tock, who is 14" when standing. Made of grey, purple, and navy plushes, Tick here is often described as a harlequin bear, and was designed by Isabelle Lee.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by werepuppy - 09-05-2020, 08:37 PM