Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(09-06-2020, 09:43 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I for one find it very believable! And to include U, I'm going to compliment's Mot's ultramarine hair!

Mot thanks you. I think they find it unbelievable because it is not a thing they have ever seen before and while tech is fairly advanced in their time, as far as they know, humanoid robots aren't built with weaponry... 

(09-07-2020, 11:42 AM)davidd Wrote: Always upping the ante, aren't you?   LOL 

Very well: Sid and Mot appear to be ultracrepidating about Marnie's great uivigar of a gun-hand.

(Yes, I cheated and used a thesaurus.  Tongue  Yes, the Czech-speaker wins this round in the English language contest.  yay )

Man, the amount of times I need to double check for words other than the ones I consistently use... especially for Ophelia, romantic linguist that she is, verging slightly on the purple prose. 

I will admit, the gun-hand thing is pretty cool, though I prefer not using it a lot. 

(09-07-2020, 03:30 PM)Alliecat Wrote: I’m curious whether your Andrassy’s belt shows any deterioration. Mine’s is disintegrating.  Irritated

Not as yet, but I haven't touched my Andrassy stock at all since I took her out of her box. As she was, she was the perfect Mot for me. I suspect it will start doing so sooner than later, so am trying to find the right material to make a spare belt. Generally though, of my bohemians, Sid is the one who generally gets her kit messed with. I'm trying to find the right things. 

I do wonder at companies constantly using material we all know will disintegrate for dolls that are aimed at collectors and not children. I suppose the look of it must be preferable for a little while than not at all. 

(09-07-2020, 05:21 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: It's only unbelievable if you've never seen her do it before.  Otherwise, it's perfectly believable.

Exactly that. They'd never seen her do it before. 

- - - 

251. V is for Vintage

[Image: 74434928_798bbc89c0f43f5399882f97e77aa858_standard.jpg]

Which is why I tried to make the photo look vintage... Ah well, I decided to showcase my 1984 (I think) Pedigree Sindy here as toys from the 80s are now vintage. Toys from the 90s are also vintage, too, and that throws me off a bit. Sindy is wearing a Faerie Glen dress which I really do like on her. I keep watching eBay to see if I can grab another Pedigree Sindy - one of these days I'll manage it. 

What does stand out as interesting to me now is that Sindy - and her American cousin, Tammy - both had larger heads than other fashion dolls of their time. Perhaps a front-runner of things to come...? Still, the face is sweet, and it's easy to understand why she was so popular. No word on those collector line ones actually...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by werepuppy - 09-07-2020, 09:10 PM