Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(09-07-2020, 09:53 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Vintage cutie! The photo looks authentic, too!

I hope you'll be able to find another one soon.

When I compare the state of my 90s Barbies with my 2010 MH, it makes me sad, the new dolls seem to be falling apart much faster. I hope that things made to last will become a trend again, I understand the wish to sell as much stuff as possible, but this isn't sustainable.

It is quite sad to see that dolls - toys in general - do not seem to be built to last, the way they might have been a few decades ago. I know there's a faster market, and that dolls are generally aimed younger now than they were (though I would say that the LOL OMG dolls have actually helped to see a slight rise in popularity of late) but it feels like if you're aiming younger, you'd want to make dolls that can handle rougher play. And yet. 

Is it something in the manufacturing, or just cost cutting methods? I really don't know. It's not to say these older dolls are perfect but... Well I have a couple of older dolls that still look relatively new. It's just interesting.

(09-08-2020, 12:22 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: She's cute! I like her slightly skeptical ex.pression smile

Hee, thank you! I think the Pedigree faces are very cute. The Hasbro faces - before they went Barbie like - are also quite cute, but for a lot of people Pedigree wins out. I actually prefer Pedigree and I grew up in the era where Sindy looked a lot more like Barbie than she ever did, so it says something about their appeal. 

(Also her stuff wasn't all bright pink so it makes looking for doll furniture a bit more fun.)

(09-08-2020, 05:17 AM)davidd Wrote: I have come to find Pedigree Sindy quite charming largely due to the influence of one of my Flickr contacts, CooperSky, who has a most entertaining Sindy doll account, full of hilarious yet informative captions and all manner of sarcasm, satire, and all-round good fun: https://www.flickr.com/photos/135742756@N07/

The side-eye Sindy's have such a knowing ex-pression. They seem to look upon the world with wry amusement tinged with incredulity.

And if Sindy had a gun-hand you know she'd use it!

Ahhh, yes I follow them as well and their photos are fantastic! I love the Sindy vs Barbie photoshoot that happened, it was very fun to see. I would quite like to see a Pedigree Sindy with a more vintage looking Barbie... I wonder if I can find a posh enough dress for Sindy to join the Ladies Who Lunch...

Ha, that's an odd hilarious image.

(09-08-2020, 03:58 PM)Elfy Wrote: Looks like a vintage doll to me.

Ahhh, thank you! 

- - - 

252. W is for Wife

[Image: 74475376_3bc845b6b64d6ed33bcd6905f2853d89_standard.jpg]

Divinity here, in a black wedding gown, Why does she get 'wife'? Because according to her original profile card, she is the bride of Thor. Room Thor insists he's never been married... there will be shenanigans

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by werepuppy - 09-08-2020, 09:40 PM