Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(09-08-2020, 09:59 PM)davidd Wrote: Bride of Thor Heyerdahl, maybe, which could ex-plain why Thor built himself a raft and sailed away across the ocean.

Divinity's romantic goth style is putting me in a holiday mood; for the Hallowe'en holiday.

Ha! Such a great reference! 

Ahh Hallowe'en, the best time of year. Get out your mood setting movies and enjoy! (I have a pile to get through, must do them alphabetically.)

(09-09-2020, 06:59 AM)Loona Wrote: Wife's face-up reminds me of someone I know and like. Black wedding gowns, on the other hand, remind me of high school memories I do not like. My classmates used to pick on me for wearing black, and they rented a black wedding dress for me (behind my back) for our prom (not sure how this goes in other countries, but here final year students traditionally perform a waltz, the girls dressed in white wedding dresses). It was definitely not funny, and not something I wanted. I never liked to stand out, for me wearing black was never about that. Luckily I had a white dress rented too, so I wore that. I'd like to say I'd be interested to see the classmates' faces when they get to know that now, 20 years later, I still wear black (and my actual wedding dress was white Tongue )  - but I can't, because I couldn't care less about them. I decided not to as soon as we graduated. Staying at that school, among that toxic group of people, is one of the very few things I'd change if I had a chance to go back in time.

Okay, so we do not have a thing like that here and I'm sorry that they treated you like that. 

High school is a terrible time in general. But still, very sorry. 

(09-09-2020, 01:17 PM)Alliecat Wrote: This is depressing slash
Everything's made cheaper & not to last.  In a dull moment at work today, was discussing veggie/rice steamers with someone & the fact that we've both been through about 3 of them; the plastic basket parts don't last (mine currently includes copper wire & duct tape).  I said I wanted a stainless steel one, but that would mean people wouldn't have to buy as many, which is what they want you to do...  Probably similar with toys.  Throwaway society.
This is also depressing...
Anyway, Sindy's cute; some of those vintage dolls are quite fun.

And in times like this I think of Sam Vimes' Boots theory of socio-economics - the rich stay rich as they have the money to buy the higher cost item that will last longer, whereas the poor have to buy the lower cost item that will need replaced within x amount of time.

Also: looks at Mot's belt a little closer - the dangling bit is starting to peel. Hm,.

Vintage dolls are always fun to look up - I like especially seeing the overall fashion doll looks since Barbie's introduction - the sheer amount of different styles is amazing. 

(09-09-2020, 05:21 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: I love the vintage effect on the Sindy - it looks like the faded/discoloured photos from the 80s.

Ahhh thank you, I was really trying to get that effect. 

(09-09-2020, 07:18 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: She's so beautiful! I wonder about how will that go in the Room - will she give up or will Thor give in...

At the moment, it could go either way. He is insistent she is not his wife, as he has taken no bride... 

- - - 

253. X is for (e)Xhausted

[Image: 74511895_31acf93afca4d35276845f061758b401_standard.jpg]

"Look how fast I can go! Are you looking? You need to look! I bet you can't go this fast. I'm the fastest ever!" 
"..."
"Come on, you need to run too! Lots of speed. Like this, let me show you!" 
"..."

L is wondering why this little one seems to like him...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by werepuppy - 09-09-2020, 08:42 PM