Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(09-17-2020, 11:03 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Cute name for cute bear!

They're called 'lékorky' (singular is lékorka) in Czech, from our word for liquorice - 'lékořice'. Sorry, I just have this uncontrollable urge to share all our words with ř...

Heh, thank you! 

Ooh, that's actually really interesting! I didn't know. Now I do /cue theme jingle in here. 

(09-18-2020, 09:18 AM)davidd Wrote: My grandmother always had a glass bowl with a glass lid sitting on an end table filled with Allsorts and Dolly Mixture.

I only learned what "Dolly Mixture" was when I joined the best online forum ever (prior to this one), Dollie Mixtures. And it made me think of my grandma and her candy dish, and many happy hours spent ensconced in the big comfy chair in my grandparents' living room, reading books under the light of the wall-mounted lamp and conveniently close to the Allsorts and Dolly Mix bowl.

The Allsorts and Dolly Mix were all kind of melted together, of course, so that is how I remember them.

And now you mention Allsorts on the current best online forum ever!

I need to buy this:  https://www.amazon.com/Crillys-Liquorice...B07G6VQLTF

And... are we starting another ABC round on Bear Day? YAY! That is sure to be all sorts of fun!

Okay I have to agree that Dollie Mixtures sounds like a fantastic name for a doll forum and kind of wish it was still going just by name alone. Allsorts and Dolly Mixtures are like... some of the most common sweets and it seems that you always get them together here so I'm glad to see that extend outside of the UK. 

Oooh yes, go buy! 

I hope this A-to-Z round is good! 

(09-18-2020, 12:19 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Allsorts is a perfect match for the tub of raspberry ripple ice cream currently in my freezer smile

Raspberry ripple! There's a type of ice cream I've not had in a very long time and now will not be able to get the association of it for Allsorts out of my head. 

(09-18-2020, 03:05 PM)Elfy Wrote: I love her. She’s so cheerful and colourful.

Thank you! 

- - - 

262. B is for BMR1959

[Image: 74865491_52598ab9d6bda34d6df538911b34503f_standard.jpg]

Another one of these dolls! I find I like this line even if parts of my brain are questioning choices. Anyway! This is Charlotte Tyler, fondly called Charlie. She works at a teen magazine, in a research department and can be asked to look up anything from sustainably sourced clothing, to information regarding various political systems. She's never bored, is the point.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by werepuppy - 09-18-2020, 07:27 PM