Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(09-18-2020, 07:45 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I dig her hair! I also have my usual complaints about Mattel's lipstick choices for black dolls, but the hair is amazing, so that makes up for the lipstick.

The hair was what actually drew me to her? Which admittedly does happen with a lot of Barbies if I'm honest. It's just such a great shade, and the style is surprisingly intricate for the scale. I also really liked her jacket. It's a bit of a throwback to the 80s power dressing style.

(09-19-2020, 03:53 AM)davidd Wrote: The 1959 line definitely has cool outfits, which look like they'd be great for mix-n-match, seeing as how the individual pieces are so eclectic.

I have to completely agree with you there - the potential for dressing and sharing pieces is high. If the outfits were sold seperately thought, I don't know if I would pick them up... Which is an interesting thought.

(09-19-2020, 11:55 AM)Elfy Wrote: I suspect those earring could possibly stretch her lobes.

I like to think she doesn't wear them that often, only for meetings. That or they don't weigh as much as we'd initially think.

(09-19-2020, 07:35 PM)Loona Wrote: OK, now that we're at it, I have the urge to share that in Hungarian, liquorice is actually called 'medvecukor' - which literally means 'bear candy'  smile

Charlie has some colour clashes there that I don't normally like, but she pulls off the look fabulously! She sounds like a cool person, and so does her job!

Oh, okay that is amazing and I need to find a way to use it at some point! 

A lot of the BM1959 is clashing and yet... it sort of works. Somehow. 

- - -

263. C is for CJ

[Image: 74913380_d27856e6e683f95aca9817915e2acc80_standard.jpg]

Youngest chil of Captain Hook, and a general trouble maker, CJ was a definite pick up when I saw her in the storea few years ago. Honestly, the only downside of her - in my opinion - is that her outfit is all one piece. I get that this cuts down on bulk, but at the same time it would have been so amazing if her jacket was it's own piece, and the shorts and tights. Still, CJ is a very endearing doll. And she's a pirate, so perfect for Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by werepuppy - 09-19-2020, 09:36 PM