Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(10-02-2020, 12:32 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: To be honest, I wouldn't have guessed he's a rabbit (I'd just be confused by his ears), but I love the idea of rediscovering the old characters and bringing them back to life.

Yess, I love the concept myself! More should be done with it.

(10-02-2020, 11:21 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Always partial to dolls with blue hair smile
Agree, it's fun to keep classic old characters alive.

Blue hair is one of those colours that does tend to make me jump at a doll if I'm totally honest...

I wish Disney did more little shorts with their classic characters. Those can be a lot of fun. 

(10-02-2020, 12:51 PM)davidd Wrote: I see what you mean about Oswald being an almost perfect plush. By their nature, most plushies must take considerable liberties with the original character designs. But Oswald was quite a boneless, fluid character, as was the norm in the late-1920s, and this plushie offers an impressively screen-accurate likeness.

"(I mean, it's not an entirely unaccurate image...)" 

I thought not!

Seriously! The fluidity of earlier cartoons does lend itself to remarkably accurate merchandising of them - this is probably why that game which uses this style got so popular in part. 

Ha, thought the image might be amusing to you! 

(10-02-2020, 04:14 PM)Elfy Wrote: Who owns Oswald now? Did Disney get him?

As far as I understand, Disney do own him again. He occasionally gets some merch here and there, and once every few years, they seem to put together another little short for him. I think he might be a meetable character at the Parks at certain times of the year, but I could be wrong there. 

(10-02-2020, 06:30 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Oswald looks almost exactly like the cartoon version.  He is a perfect plush version.

I really do love it when a plush is so accurate to the cartoon. 

- - - 

276. P is for Princess

[Image: 75466478_1b68b4c5ba6a603a81080939fb813e09_standard.jpg]

Princess Leia, to be exact. This is the Disney Store premium figure version of Leia, and I've always felt like it was a really good example of her for the price point. Even if her hair bunds are a bit over-sized.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by werepuppy - 10-02-2020, 09:17 PM