Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(10-04-2020, 11:15 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: She looks great in her new gear!!!

Thank you! 

(10-05-2020, 11:30 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Well doesn't she look cool.  I like the pants.
I forget if you said whether you'd seen the "Cats" movie, the recent one....?  I'm waiting for the DVD to be available at the library as I'm curious following all the talk about it.

That link's a blank screen for me, but yeah, I've seen the 6" ones.  There is a 12" but the likeness is nonexistent.  As an X-Wing fan, I think it would be fun to have a nice custom 12" that really looks like him.   ...and I mean, Hot Toys has made figures of characters that are way less popular...  Oh well...  slash

I have not seen the most recent movie version of Cats but a few of my friends have and... yeah, it's not good. Stick to the 1999 filmed stage performance. 

Damn, sorry it's a blank screen. I wonder if it's taking so long to get a 12" in his likeness because of some right's issues? They crop up more often than we'd think. 

(10-05-2020, 01:34 PM)davidd Wrote: I am also fairly fond of your Cats inspired customs. Or your Catwalk Kitties inspired customs.

Fairly fond being here defined as OMG I LURRRV DEM!!!! Heart 2

But you already knew that.

Heh. I still would love a couple of Catwalk Kitties properly, but their second hand prices make me wince rather a lot when I look at them online. I might be able to justify some of those prices for other kinds of dolls, but for that... I continue to wait till I find one far more affordably. It's okay, I can be patient. I hope. 

(10-05-2020, 02:10 PM)Elfy Wrote: I can totally buy her as a rock star.
On the ooshies, they're a promotional thing that Woolworths here run. They did some on the Lion King last year and people went bananas for them, so they brought it back this year with a different range. You unfortunately don't get a choice in what you get, it's a blind bag deal. If you spend say $90 on groceries you get 3 ooshies. So far we've only got 3 doubles. 2 Ladys (Lady and the Tramp), 2 Darths and 2 Leia's. We tested the glow in the dark Gamora by charging her up under a reading lamp and then putting her in a dark room, and boy did she really glow green! I personally want the figure of The Mandalorian the most, because it looks the coolest, but I think its one of the rarer ones.

It's the Rum Tum Tugger, how can she not be a rock star?

Ooh. I mean they sound vaguely interesting, but I think I'd prefer it being something I could pick up if I wanted to, rather than being a spend so much to get just one. Maybe that's just me, however. 

- - - 

279. S is for Student

[Image: 75593415_7482f77514c1295fc2b48169244ad31d_standard.jpg]

Back to School Storm! I really do love the white hair look here, it just looks so cool. Admittely, I'm pretty sure most schools have a policy on dying hair  or rather they did during the line's hey-day, so she likely would not have gotten away with it. Still, looks cool.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by werepuppy - 10-05-2020, 07:40 PM