Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(11-20-2020, 02:55 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Wicked cool! Happy birthday, Green Ladies!

Indeed! 

(11-20-2020, 03:42 AM)davidd Wrote: A quarter of a century since the "new" take on the Wizard of Oz came out? 

The costume on that version of the figure is superbly excellent!

This is the Barbie Signature Wicked Elphaba doll, created for the 15th anniversary of the stage musical. The outfit is the Act 2 costume for Elphaba, and yeah, it just looks amazing. One of those stock pieces that is probably worth picking up if you can. 

(11-20-2020, 02:30 PM)Elfy Wrote: Wow! Time sure flies, just like Elphaba on her broom.

I believe I insert the "time is but an illusion" quote here...?

(11-20-2020, 02:58 PM)Alliecat Wrote: She looks very pretty for a "wicked" witch.

Well, the whole point of Wicked was "why was the wicked witch so wicked" and basically giving her character motivation beyond the basic of wanting the shoes. But then again, wanting something that belonged to her sister who had just recently been killed doesn't really seem so awful now I'm older... 

(11-20-2020, 09:03 PM)dunneh Wrote: My bad, Marmalade was the cat! Sorry. I get confused easily. LOL I love that shelf pic! Your anthro collection may have just sprung up out of nowhere but its such a sweet collection, they somehow really go together despite all being different. 

Yeah Mme Alexander's French Kitty was like 30 dollars at release, they seem to be worth hundreds now. Not quite worth it.... I mean they are very cute and all but there are cuter anthros for much cheaper. 

Love the Wicked pic! Those book covers are very pretty. Ah Wicked, I remember walking on Broadway  in NY in 2006 at the height of the musical's popularity and seeing the posters everywhere.

It's okay, it can be hard to keep track of various names and what not. I think my anthro collection works together because I rarely care about mixing different brands and styles for photos. There's another couple of BJDs I'd love to pick up, and I'm carefully saving my money so I can order at least one of them. Hopefully. 

Ahh yes, the height of the popularity and the ever present question of who is the best Elphaba? 

- - - 

325. A is for Alice

[Image: 77614049_e34819e67aa55ef235e1cf86ee5b916f_standard.jpg]

So earlier this year, Disney Store released some dolls of long asked for characters in their 'classic doll' range. The four will pop up throughout this A to Z run, and here is the first of them! Alice from Alice in Wonderland, and this is how she looked straight out of the box. I have to admit, I'm both surprised and not at all surprised that they didn't give her tights or stockings, but it's not that hard a sewing job to do myself. Finicky, but not hard. The dresses are coated in glitter, but I know that soaking them in acetone will remove it, so I just need to do that. All that said? It's a really cute Alice doll.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by werepuppy - 11-20-2020, 10:17 PM