davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(01-10-2020, 08:32 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: She certainly looks very action-y! And also dissatisfied, but I guess that's a prerequisite for doing her job.

Lady Action always manages to find something about which to be dissatisfied, so she can instruct Maudlynne to correct the situation.

(01-10-2020, 09:42 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: She looks like a suit from Corporate.  And rather pissed at having to make an inspection tour

Lady Nichola Sinclair feels that venturing in to the realm of the common peasantry is a vulgar and degrading ex-perience. Because with a name like Lady Nichola Sinclair who wouldn't feel that way?

(01-11-2020, 12:53 AM)werepuppy Wrote: She really does seem predisposed to be uninterested with work produced so that makes her perfect as a suit from corporate. Though the question must be asked: what brings about her presence today? Is she disastified with the a doodle a week challenge or is there somrthing else she has discovered and must ex.press her thoughts on?

Also it's an interesting back-story about the line - I don't think I've ever heard of Captain Action before.

It is, indeed, the Doodle a Week Challenge that has coaxed the Boss Lady down from her lofty lair. She is not entirely convinced that Maudlynne will follow through. 

The Captain Action line was introduced in the States in 1966, and was pretty much gone by the end of 1968. Even though the line did not catch on, there have been at least three attempts to revive it: by Playing Mantis from 1998-2000; by Round2 Toys in 2011-2013; and the licensed Lady Action fashion doll releases by Tonner (2014) and Phicen (2015). While Captain Action has never caught on with the broader toy-buying public, for some reason the character and the figure has a dedicated core fanbase who keep trying to bring him back.

[Image: january10.jpg]
10 January – Monster High Elissabat, wearing her Dragon Games armor
(probably just as well to not ex-plain how she acquired it), stops by to check out
the new martial arts dojo in town. She is less than impressed.

Elissabat could use some clean-up. She has a stain on her face that resembles a bruise (which is slowly fading), which actually looks kind of cool and matches her battle-hardened style, and her hair has become a sticky, glue-y mess. I know I've seen discussions on how to clean up "glue hair." I need to find some suggestions and see if anything works on Elissa. Even with the glue hair and the bruise, she's one of my favorite figures because she exudes attitude (as well as glue).
They're not dolls, they're action figures!

Messages In This Thread
davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by davidd - 01-02-2020, 04:54 PM
RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by davidd - 01-11-2020, 12:36 PM