davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(02-08-2020, 04:51 PM)Elfy Wrote: A demon doll with a credit card. There’s no way this works out well for anyone.

I suspect you are correct. Unfortunately.

(02-08-2020, 07:05 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: You could also employ the dangerous, but very efficient ritual of Summoning Goods Through The Online Order!

Uhm... yeah, that kinda happened.

(02-08-2020, 09:56 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Ahhh, I wonder what she was trying to summon...

More of her evil ilk, most likely.

(02-09-2020, 12:27 PM)Alliecat Wrote: That's some of that not-quite-Latin that fills in spaces in design templates, isn't it....  (Yes, I looked)  

LOL  You are very observant and quite clever! I left the "lorem ipsum" phrase in there as a clue, altho' I changed the order of some of the text. Apparently this nonsense text dates back hundreds of years.

[Image: february8.jpg]
8 February – 1988 Lookin' Smart Maxie Doll

Maxie was a short-lived line from Hasbro, on the market between 1988 and 1991, similar to or based on the 1980s version of the Sindy doll popular in Europe at the time. Most Sindy purists dislike the 1980s Hasbro years, when the classic style of Sindy was changed to more closely resemble Barbie.

Several interesting Maxie playsets were offered, some of which were identical to sets branded with the Sindy name in Europe.

This example of Lookin' Smart Maxie has the wrong earrings (they should be little pink bows) and may have had her hair trimmed.

An excellent website offering a brief history of Maxie including an identification guide for most of the releases can be found here:

The Sunny Surfin' World of Maxie:  http://marilynsmyth.free.fr/maxie.php

An animated television series aired during the Maxie line's first year on the market.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!

Messages In This Thread
davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by davidd - 01-02-2020, 04:54 PM
RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by davidd - 02-09-2020, 01:03 PM