davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(02-16-2020, 09:57 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Oh, wow, that's gonna be repaid job. Can it be repaired? I know when some plastics are right brittle, it can be better just to hold your hands up and admit defeat. I hope that it can be repaired. I am sorry that this happened and it's a shame that they didn't use a more substantial plastic. This guy does look quite peeved by his arm issue.

If all else fails, masking tape will do the trick. Obviously the elbow would not be flexible, but since the joints are usually covered by uniform sleeves, tape would be adequate. But I'm curious to see if I can effect a better repair than mere tape.

These figures are usually reasonably priced on eBay (with shipping costing more than the price of the figure), so at least it's not a "rare and valuable" figure that is disintegrating from age.

The original figures from the 1960s and 1970s tend to hold up better than the reproduction figures.

I have learned that these GI Joe figures are actually strung together with elastic just like BJDs. And they feature ball joints at the hips and shoulders. Does that make GI Joe a BJD? Or... a BJAF: Ball Jointed Action Figure.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!

Messages In This Thread
davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by davidd - 01-02-2020, 04:54 PM
RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by davidd - 02-16-2020, 10:05 AM