davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
The only advice I can give you is what Alliecat already suggested - completely hiding them from your sight, waiting for a while (for me it's 6 months), and when you don't miss them, sell them.

Same as Elfy, it is a bit surprising to me that you don't feel the bond, because the way you pose and photograph them is absolutely brilliant, and the stories you come up with for them are funny and original (unlike the countless 'cute doll lives with me' ones on instagram). But if the feeling's not there, then it's not there.

I really don't know what to say, I don't think I can vote for either option and know that it's the right one for you.

I bonded with Remei even before she came, and I play with her every day, just looking at her face makes me happy. That's ultimately what I need from a doll - feeling happy simply because it's there. Like I don't enjoy taking photos of my Bratz (or Novis), but just seeing them on the shelf makes me feel happy that I have them. I guess that if a doll didn't make me happy in this way, then I would send it to a new home regardless of how well it photographs or fulfills other purposes.

So I vote that you figure out the simplest possible definition of what makes you happy in the doll hobby, and go from there. If you find out that there's no way they could make you happy, sell them. I would miss them, but I would be more sad if they just turned into unwanted clutter and source of guilt for you.

Messages In This Thread
davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by davidd - 01-02-2020, 04:54 PM
RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by neon_jellyfish - 03-04-2020, 07:53 PM