davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(06-08-2020, 10:44 AM)Elfy Wrote: Doing stuff like that is what must have made him age 60 years in 20.

I know, right? The later movies really messed with the timeline, and with my personal "head-canon." I liked the idea of Obi Wan having been in hiding out there in the desert for a long, long time, and having already been older at the time he went in to hiding. Obi Wan, that strange old hermit in the original movie, was a mysterious and intriguing character.

I am not a fan of "backstories" and "origin stories" for characters. Little bits and pieces revealed through comments and references during "present time," sure, but not full-on backstories. I did not want to learn the origin of Darth Vader going back to his early childhood. He was a virtually perfect villain in the original movie, with only a few hints about his background being offered. Similarly, Obi Wan was a nearly perfect hero, or mentor to the hero. And even The Clone Wars were more interesting as a mysterious event from the past that had gained almost mythic status; when Luke exclaims to Obi Wan, "you fought in the Clone Wars?" that is all I ever needed to know about The Clone Wars. It was a conflict of epic magnitude that ultimately drove the Jedi Knights in to seclusion and brought about the end of "a more civilized age."
They're not dolls, they're action figures!

Messages In This Thread
davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by davidd - 01-02-2020, 04:54 PM
RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by davidd - 06-08-2020, 11:24 AM