davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(06-15-2020, 02:04 PM)Alliecat Wrote: OMG what happened? Injured? I hope it was OK. There are no wildlife rescues within 4 1/2 hours of here, so I hope I never have to deal with anything in need of help. Tell us the story!

If you’re asking about our possum ex-perience? Happy to tell the story.

I was asleep in the spare bedroom (one of us was snoring... ) and I was woken up by a crash & skittering of claws on the landing (the bedrooms are upstairs - we figured it was trying to find the out into the roof). I fell out of bed shrieking to Elfy that “OMG, it’s in the house!”. He flung open the bedroom door, scared the possum on the landing who shot into the spare room under the bed.
Then we tried to catch it in a bucket - that was a failure & Elfy got a few excellent scratches on his arms from it. By this stage, we were a bit hysterical about how we could get it out of the house in the middle of the night. If we had been thinking, we could have just opened the front door & herded it down the stairs & would be free & clear.
But eventually we managed to get it down the stairs, where it shot across the loungeroom floor & up the chimney - which is how it got in in the first place.

We called the Possum Man that morning, and he put a chicken-wire guard over the top of the chimney so it couldn’t get in again that way.
But they’re sneaky buggers, and about a year later it got in again, but didn’t cause us as much panic. We worked out where it got in the roof ourselves & sealed it up. But that meant it couldn’t get OUT of the roof and spent the night racing around the ceiling & swearing at us in possum until we unblocked it so it could get out again.
So Possum Man was called again to de-home it from the roof. We haven’t had it back inside since then, but we hear them on the carport roof or the house roof.

Davidd - I hope it’s okay, I’m glad you could get it to the refuge.
And Carly is ever helpful.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)

Messages In This Thread
davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by davidd - 01-02-2020, 04:54 PM
RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by Lejays17 - 06-16-2020, 05:57 PM