davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(07-01-2020, 05:47 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I also know a version where Tezcatlipoca simply commands his jaguars to eat everyone. 

Good plan. I'm on board with that. I'll ask 'em to see what they can do.

[Image: july1.jpg]
1 July – Triv and Janie practicing their "Aren't we adorable? Please adopt us!" faces for eBay

Actually, I've been checking Smart Doll prices on eBay. The secondary market for Smart Dolls is "soft" right now. I guess everybody wants squinty-eyed nose-picking Smart Dolls.

The only one of my Smart Dolls that might... might... sell would be the white... excuse me, I mean the milk one. Milk was hugely popular, but it has been discontinued. Because I have an extra bust and a hand pack, I might be able to get some dollars out of the white milk one.

I kinda like my Smart Dolls, but for a number of reasons I'm pretty much done with the "Smart Doll community" as a whole.

At what point will it become unacceptable for a person of light-color to "own" a doll of dark-color? Couldn't that be construed as symbolic slavery? 

Perhaps this is why Culture Japan is moving toward candy-colored dolls. In theory candy-colored dolls should be less potentially controversial than human-colored dolls.

But they are still too skinny. I've been seeing Instagram comments asking for Smart Dolls in "more representative body types."

Uh huh. So, like, remember my pictures of the Wild Hearts Crew remainders at Walmart? Remember which ones are still sitting on the shelf? 'Kay den.

I'm only considering selling some of my Smart Dolls out of media-induced fear; fear based on the unbalanced coverage of looting and rioting that makes it seem like the actions of a handful of hundreds represent the madness of millions. I'm thinking maybe something in .44 magnum or .45 Colt might be more useful than a doll when the... for the sake of discussion, let's euphemistically refer to them as zombie hordes... march out from their urban enclaves to wreak havoc in the rural areas.

Of course, that would require the zombie hordes to actually march, because their bus passes won't take 'em this far.

What am I thinking? All my neighbors already own shotguns. And big trucks. I'd just be in the way out there with the real cowboys.

My, but this train of thought went in to a dark tunnel, didn't it? I shouldn't have the TV news on in the background when I'm posting online.

P.S.: Halfway done! YAY! Can't stop now!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!

Messages In This Thread
davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by davidd - 01-02-2020, 04:54 PM
RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by davidd - 07-02-2020, 02:16 PM